Ways to spend gold

With the upcoming cap to enchanting costs, it feels to me that there are not enough gold-sinks or ways to use gold in a meaningful way (while trade will be a thing, not all players want to engage with it). And eventually you won’t need to enchant gear.

What I think would be a nice addition would be a vendor for materials, stuff you find in the world and that are possibly rarer. Bundles of herbs and forgotten souls being two examples that come to mind.

3 Likes

There will be plenty of items in trade chat to spend gold on

1 Like

I’m not going to spend gold on items that are potentially from or part of RMT (violating the ToS). So there needs to be other options.

2 Likes

They could just give out less gold….

I remember back in my days, when the game launched, gold was actually pretty limited/meaningful and you had to be choosey what to spend it on. Then people complained and complained and complained so gold sinks kept getting nerfed while drops kept getting buffed and now we reached to where gold is basically worthless like in d2 and d3 yay :slight_smile:

2 Likes

even more so, now suggestions like these come op (no offense OP, i know you mean well)

i mean, really, on some things the devs cant do it right.

I agree with this idea. I know I won’t be trading at all with other people outside of my friends or clan members. My gold will just stockpile. I’m all for more options within the game, OP isn’t asking for anything game changing, or people to conform to their playstyle, just another option to spend gold on.

1 Like

I think it might be fun to have an option for paying with gold at the curiosities vendor. Make the prices crazy expensive so it isn’t efficient - would at least give some type of gold sink that’s halfway useful.

1 Like

i cant wait to be making billions off single items. i know people think legendaries with greater affixes will be the big sellers, but i think uniques with greater affixes will be even better. once i get my perfect ring of sacrilegious soul for my necro, imagine getting another perfect 4 greater affix roll ring of sacrilegious soul.

2 Likes

There are poor and hungry people all throughout the lands of Sanctuary due to the demonic scourge. Ever think of just helping them out Mr. Scrooge?

:grin:

1 Like

Yeah. Gold seems worthless now. I am a casual player and a couple seasons ago wanted to do a couple Duriel carries and was able to pay with gold then. Now, I don’t see anyone taking gold for runs. Granted I can solo him now, but a couple seasons ago I wasn’t able to play much and only wanted to do a couple runs.

I accept all donations up to 99B and will charitably be your gold sink.

couple of seasons ago duriel didnt exist. he was implemented last season.

Gold is a problem. They are raising the gold cap to 99 trillion. It’s lunacy. It’s makes no sense that we need that much gold in a game. I would like Blizzard to reduce gold drop rates by 98% and any costs by the same amount. If you manage to rake in 10,000 gold in a season, you would be considered extremely rich.

The gold inflation needs to stop.

I vote for Noggenfrogger elixirs.
They are the only gold sink from a blizzard game that I look back fondly on.

1 Like

Why would gold hold any value with a cap?

Exactly this, thanks Iggi!

1 Like

It be more fun to see ourselves actually spending our gold on the bartenders on beer and food. in D4 how were able to all this without eating or drinking. We only got to see that when we got poisoned in the beginning of the game… :laughing:

Buy a Diablo Token, which you can use for xpacs, platinum, and cash shop items (like wow token).

It doesn’t exist yet…

Gold is just a resource. Just like Iron and herbs or Veiled Crystals. Why does everyone keep wanting Gold to be a currency?