šŸ’„ WASD MOVEMENT LESSSGOO

Bind a key to mouse wheel up or down using software, profit

1 Like

As a diablo player that always just clicks left mouse button to move i just donā€™t understand why WASD movement could be better. Is it comming from non diablo players?
Should i really want WASD movement? Anyone that can give a decent explanation?

2 Likes

arpgs are click and move
if they implement it, everyone would have to use it otherwise weā€™d be at a disavantage speed wise. would kill the aprg genre.

1 Like

if you decide to do difficult content where you want to dodge between attacks, doing it with just mouse is pretty difficult and puts a lot of strain on your wrist. you can see an example here

4 Likes

Great example, thanks.
Not bothering me to just mouse click, but i now understand that someone would rather use WASD.

2 Likes

Bind force move to W. There you go.

Can we use controller for this game on a PC???

With click for both move and attack, you can only do one at a time, and have to alternate between clicking to move and clicking to attack, so the cursor is not always on the target, but also at times on the environment for movement.

With WASD, you can move and attack at the same time, so you never need to take the cursor off of the target during a fight, letting you have consistent DPS.

This is similar to twin-stick shooters where each stick has independent control, so you can keep your crosshairs on the target at all times.

Another analogy is to FPS games where you strafe around a target while keeping your crosshairs on it to focus fire.

WASD (and controller) scheme does the same thing.

5 Likes

Sounds logical to me. But maybe these point and click games arenā€™t for everyone. As far as i know Diablo games have always been point and click to move. So they should change the way you move in the game?

To be clear i have nothing against it. Game should be as accessible as possible for everyone. So if the developers need more +1 's before they implement it, iā€™ll vote for it.

1 Like

I played solely with click to move/attack from when I first discovered Diablo II in 2003, played through various similar games in the genre, until in 2020 when I played Diablo III on my first console after my PC broke down and I couldnā€™t afford a new high-end PC so I got a PS4 Pro instead.

That was when I had to use controller to play, and when I discovered how comfortable, convenient and intuitive the twin-stick scheme is.

After that, when I got a new PC in 2021, I played some ARPGs like ā€œThe Ascentā€ which has only WASD for movement and mouse for attacks, realised how good it felt, and now I prefer WASD instead of mouse for movement.

However, having WASD is only a minor QoL improvement in comfort for me, and not a necessity for my enjoyment.

Being used to mouse for move/attack for decades, Iā€™m comfortable and skilled with it and have no problems.

3 Likes

I love the controls as is but hope yā€™all get your fps controls xP

:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Yes we can. Supports xbox and Playstation controller. And you can swich on the go as you wish.

1 Like

Gotta say with console support being there out of the box, it really isnā€™t that hard to implement WASD, and it would be a huge improvement on the genre.

Be a leader blizzard, make a mold breaking change, stop the never-ending clicking.

4 Likes

yep, should be very easy to implement. considering players are already using third party software reWASD to make it available in diablo 4

2 Likes

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but, doesnā€™t a controller have 8 directionals, while WASD is 4 directionals?

Plus, if your hand is working the WASD for movement, and your other hand is on the mouse, arenā€™t you losing immediate access to 4 action buttons for skills?

I mean, not everyone is using programmable multi button mice.

Gotta love when you have to use an exaggerated playstyle as an example to try prove a point. Cause people totally play like that for hoursā€¦ not.

1 Like

+1 for WASD movement

4 Likes

WASD is also 8-directional, because you can press 2 keys at once for an extra direction.

However, I donā€™t exactly use WASD for movement. Instead, I use ESDF, so I can utilise more keys to the left of my left hand (W and A) for skill or other hotkeys.

My skills then become assigned to the keys Q, W, A, Z and X.

Time to buy the controller for my PC then.

just use the controllerā€¦ thank me laterā€¦ any game i can use one these days, i doā€¦