Vintage Pants Best DR Combination for PvE

So let’s assume conjuration build for speed running high level pits.

What is the best vintage pants combination here?

Armor, Flat DR, DR Close, DR Distant?

Or Dr Burning/DR injured over one of those 4? What is the sage wisdom here on which pants will have to last an eternity?

Not sure why you want damage reduction when Flame Shield exist. I mean 75% cooldown reduction should be enough.

Tassets of the Dawning Sky

… Jk

My vote is DR burning over regular DR.

Vanilla DR is like 7%, right? And DR burning is like 17%. So as long as your burning effect is consistent and lasting, the choice is clear.

1 Like

DR is gone on gear, except for shields…

Not sure what you are trying to say if i misunderstand but you will not find those affixes in S4.

Sorry for the lost in translation. By ‘vintage’ I mean legacy pants found before S4 to play with in eternal.

Oh okey, that makes more sense, thanks for explaining.

Maybe the real question is if I should get armor % on the legacy pants (since this affix is still an option on helms and chest going forward).

If i get armor % on pants then I get use new uber chest tyreals might while still hitting armor cap with pants alone, but then I give up a DR affix only legacy items will have. If I can go 4 DR affixes on pants then I have to give up a new affix somewhere else, presumably on chest since Shako will be the helmet and therefore can’t use tyreals might.

I will take DR Injured pant as Frosty Stride seems not getting Nerf in PTR, which will be more powerful than Frozen orb. Permanent flame shield should get nerf in the Temper manual so we need to combine both Ice Armor and Flameshield to make a Frosty Stride DR Injured build.

Remember to enchant, upgrade, imprint and add jewelry sockets to all your legacy DR gears. You can’t upgrade and enchant them in S4, I am not sure about Imprint and add socket. Better do now than sorry later.

1 Like

Armor cap will be alot higher in the pit; is it still worth going for, and what value would be required?

The new Armor cap is going to be 9230 no matter how deep you go into the Pits. Hit that and then forget about armor. Far more important to make sure you can your resistances and get as much damage reduction as you possibly can. Also Fortify and Barriers will be more important.

I expect some skill and affix adjustments to make immune builds more challenging to pull off.

I wanted to know the scaling for curiosity, i think armor cap for nm 100 is 13.5k or so? Thats lvl 154, but at 200, cap would be…(i know its non linear to an extent)

Also curious as to the 9320 number you recommend; is that just efficient stacking currently? I dont run armor atm, have like 48xx or so. Def agree resists, barrior gen rates, %reduction. Never tried fortify.

Macro, the best legacy pants is temerity.

Is temerity any good?

Only when paired with Soulbrand. DM DarthTalon and he’ll loop you in on the cow level inside secret.

@Kutta, I run around without armor or shirts barb style.

@Kirasin, Sorc can get fortify? :grinning: For more clarity, the new current debate for me now is do I put an armor aspect on the pants to hit that armor cap, freeing up the chest to not have to get armor at all, or do i get another DR aspect. (And if so which one)

2 Likes

I was speaking in more general terms. Barriers for Sorc.

Supposedly armor is capped at 9230. Hit that and you will get 85% damage reduction from armor no matter what level monsters you are fighting. Adding armor above 9230 will do nothing after May 14th.

Its nice to use with good healing; warmth passive, undying aspect, lucky hit heal. Its just one component of an attempt to be a bit more dynamically tanky, but its a unique capability.

Not saying its optimal, but i currently use this combination along with reinforced glyph and soulbrand chest (35% dmg reduc with barrier). Combined with occulus, protection passive, and about 18k health.

https ://maxroll.gg/d4/planner/2k4rq0xa

So with no armor affix I’m at about 5500. (Again these are sorc stats in sorc sub-forum)

With one legacy affix about 7k. And with either something like Snowviled +30% I can get to the armor cap.

Or I can choose pants with no armor affix and add Juggernaut (but then of course evade cool time is painful and then won’t be able to reliable use new Frostystrides aspect on boots)

Anyways, I’ve decided to go the Kutta way, no armor! Pure DR.

1 Like

Juggernaut penalty isn’t all that noticeable if you pair it with attacks reduce evade cooldown affix on the boots. Apart from that there’s always Disobedience, though that’s a lot more iffy when you’re doing content that will one shot you if you don’t have a full stack going.

1 Like

I ruled out disobedience because of the upcoming nerf droping armor from 66% to 40%, which would mean I would still need to find additional armor elsewhere. If it was still 66% which would mean I could run no armor affix and just use the aspect I would still keep it in the hunt.

1 Like