Veiled Crystal Cost Too High

Upper right corner. Try again. Shows the in-game server time.

Definitely doesn’t show it in that picture.

I’m not sure if there are supposed to be other pictures, but that link only shows a single cropped picture of the imprinting screen.

Ah, hm. Sorry about that!
Try this one instead.

Shows 4 screenshots - starting time, VC inventory, ending time, ending inventory, WT2.

https://imgur.com/a/I6pEtt3

LMAO. Level 36 in one picture. Level 45 in another. Brother, you’ve lost all credibility.

1 Like

That’s because I played 1 hour in a Helltide. Are you seriously that dense? That was the level gains over the single period.

Opening 100 cost Mystery Chests + turning in Whispers is tons of XP.

PS - I’m also not a brother, your brother, or even male.

1 Like

Can you just add a material trade and/or degrading mats cache like other systems have.

Sure, whatever you say. Your account materials tab still doesn’t prove anything.

Sorry I offended you so dearly by calling you brother, Karen.

1 Like

Other posters have also verified it. At this point, believe whatever you’d like. No amount of actual evidence will assuage your belief, regardless if how false it is (that’s why it’s called belief).

Something is WRONG with the WT3/WT4 drop rates. I have no idea what it is, but WT2 feels about right, and it should increase for WT3 and WT4. It isn’t, it’s decreasing.

So I leveled from 1 to 50 in WT2 and was rained on with yellows, thus my veiled crystals were stocked heavily.

I switched over to WT3 at level 48, and just getting to level 54, I’ve ran out of veiled crystals. I mostly farmed Helltide before and after reaching WT3.

Just to add an aspect on an amulet… a Sacred Legendary Amulet to be precise… 35 veiled crystals. Then it’s more veiled crystals for Tempering, then it’s more crystals for enchanting. And all of these costs appear to be increasing as I approach WT4.

Meanwhile, I’m sitting on thousands of Ore and Iron Chunks. The materials economy needs a rebalance.

• More so, after playing the PTR, I’m noticing a lot of things that changed behind the curtains (ie, damage reduction removed from enchanting, or all stats no longer being a thing), but it feels like there’s other things that weren’t balanced in accordance with those changes. Like Passive Nodes on skill trees, not a lot of those seem to be changed, some skills were changed, some were not. Feels like more balancing across the board is needed.
1 Like

You saw my actual data that I posted over 14 runs. I knew I was wasting my time while doing it. Not sure why I did it anyway.

Make a quick clip of it and share the link.

And yes, my thoughts on the topic are a belief. I made a decently large data set that conflicts with yours. But RNG is RNG and I can’t guarantee that my data holds true for everyone. I can admit that because I’m not arrogant enough to state it as fact.

Where’s yours? You derride me personally, call me a liar, then expect me to provide video while you provided neither screenshots or video yourself. You attempted (poorly) to refute the screenshots I did provide.

To quote you:

I’m not making any claims to provide evidence for. I just shared my experience for your claim. I have nothing to prove. Literally all your screen shots showed was your account mats. That doesn’t even require refutation. I also didn’t call you a liar. I just said I was skeptical. If you don’t want to do it, just say so. I really don’t care.

Yep, it seems right, I did something like that on day 1 and got similar results…
Oh and don’t feed the trolls, this shivera guy is probably just a liar who wants some kind of praise to inflate his ego, something like “omg he got 500 VCs in a couple helltides what a legend”

Yeah I mean, I’m not saying they are a liar. I think they are most likely mistaken, but may not be doing it on purpose. But if I’m getting trolled, it was well done.

The issue is WT4 they reduce the ammount of rares which in the code probably relates to veiled crystals as well. After 1 hiur of hell tide you should be able to enchant 1/4 of ypur gear. Be the answer 275 vc or reduce the cost to 50

No praise needed. I’m not lying, and others aren’t lying when they’ve reported similar. Thank you for your valued input, Mr. Joined 2 days ago with 4 posts.

Blizzard has my data, they have the bug report, and your posts will mean nothing in about 72 hours. Nothing you state will change any of that - and ultimately it’s Blizzard’s decision to alter the drop rates or leave them horrendous for WT3/WT4.

PS - I am not a dude.

Clearly i need to go to wt2 for veils!

1 Like

This made my day!

Agree on that.

The simple fact and point of this whole thread is the VAST majority of people think that costs are to high and need to be addressed. The answer, in my opinion, is NOT to just increase drops. I think Blizzard needs to re-evaluate the “How my can we gate players before they get upset” process that they have been doing. Dont get me wrong, I agree there should be costs and time associated with said costs but as of late Blizz has been brutal trying to drag things out and its getting old fast.

+1, ive barely been able to engage with tempering or masterworking because ive had to burn all crystals imprinting to test different builds. Reported this in game as well. Imprinting should be low as its needed to swap/test different builds. Then increase slightly for tempering and again for masterworking. By the time im masterworking, ive lockedin my aspects and items and dont mind “earning” those crits.

The other side effect of this may be that you force people into rejecting/hating helltide again despite the improvements. No amount of improvements at a certain point will make grinding not seem like grinding.

As for drop rate, for PTR I believe its doubled to help accelerate. If thats true, and regular will be half +1 to people advocating against increasing drops. If anything, i think it could be reduced further as I still salvage 98% of whats dropping in PTR. Focus on either decreasing cost or increasing availability of mats. Great ways to do this would be to auto-salvage rares after 100 since they are worthless now with the 2 affix change and/or allow legendaries to provide VC’s on salvage. Also as Raxx has pointed out many times, more drops means more trips to town to spend time sorting and salvaging gear as opposed to blasting through content.