Veiled Crystal Cost Too High

What is this picture supposed to be showing? I honestly can’t tell.

Edit - I’m still looking at it… the “proof” isn’t the amount of vc you have is it? We have no way of knowing how many runs or where you got those, so surely that isn’t what you’re stating is the proof. Can you help out here and tell me where in that picture the proof is?

75 crystals to imprint is… excessive. The cost should be high enough to require collecting materials without promoting… frugality. It’s not a good concept because it’s going to limit flexibility and experimentation. A cost of, say, 30 would be more reasonable, in my opinion.

An argument could be made check valves need to exist to limit pacing for upgrades. I don’t think that should apply for material costs. With the existing game RNG on drops, crafting results, etc. serve this function. The ability to engage with item modification and whatnot is the wrong place for it.

In short, experimentation and changing stuff around should be promoted. It shouldn’t feel extremely restrictive. Doing so shouldn’t be free. It shouldn’t feel punitive either. I think most veiled crystal sinks on PTR strike a good balance here. Imprinting does not.

I gave it a run between WT2 and WT4 helltides. These were with breaking down rares. I feel like the dropped VCs are about the same, maybe there is a slightly higher rate in WT4, the big difference is the number of rares you can get in WT2 compared to WT4. In WT2 I can get and salvage a full inventory 4-5 times per helltide and while I can fill up the inventory twice over in WT4, there’s a lot more legendaries mixed in.

When I have time, I’ll try a no salvage run between them to check out the dropped VC rate which probably won’t be until tomorrow evening. Though someone else is free to try it themselves. Oh and I used a 100 bone spear necro for both WT2 and WT4.

The timestamps in game. Shows 1 hr playtime.

You’re not getting 250+ VC in an hour in WT4, but you do in WT2. THAT’S THE PROBLEM.

That picture doesn’t show a play time… So your proof is literally “trust me bro”.

1 Like

Upper right corner. Try again. Shows the in-game server time.

Definitely doesn’t show it in that picture.

I’m not sure if there are supposed to be other pictures, but that link only shows a single cropped picture of the imprinting screen.

Ah, hm. Sorry about that!
Try this one instead.

Shows 4 screenshots - starting time, VC inventory, ending time, ending inventory, WT2.

https://imgur.com/a/I6pEtt3

LMAO. Level 36 in one picture. Level 45 in another. Brother, you’ve lost all credibility.

1 Like

That’s because I played 1 hour in a Helltide. Are you seriously that dense? That was the level gains over the single period.

Opening 100 cost Mystery Chests + turning in Whispers is tons of XP.

PS - I’m also not a brother, your brother, or even male.

1 Like

Can you just add a material trade and/or degrading mats cache like other systems have.

Sure, whatever you say. Your account materials tab still doesn’t prove anything.

Sorry I offended you so dearly by calling you brother, Karen.

1 Like

Other posters have also verified it. At this point, believe whatever you’d like. No amount of actual evidence will assuage your belief, regardless if how false it is (that’s why it’s called belief).

Something is WRONG with the WT3/WT4 drop rates. I have no idea what it is, but WT2 feels about right, and it should increase for WT3 and WT4. It isn’t, it’s decreasing.

So I leveled from 1 to 50 in WT2 and was rained on with yellows, thus my veiled crystals were stocked heavily.

I switched over to WT3 at level 48, and just getting to level 54, I’ve ran out of veiled crystals. I mostly farmed Helltide before and after reaching WT3.

Just to add an aspect on an amulet… a Sacred Legendary Amulet to be precise… 35 veiled crystals. Then it’s more veiled crystals for Tempering, then it’s more crystals for enchanting. And all of these costs appear to be increasing as I approach WT4.

Meanwhile, I’m sitting on thousands of Ore and Iron Chunks. The materials economy needs a rebalance.

• More so, after playing the PTR, I’m noticing a lot of things that changed behind the curtains (ie, damage reduction removed from enchanting, or all stats no longer being a thing), but it feels like there’s other things that weren’t balanced in accordance with those changes. Like Passive Nodes on skill trees, not a lot of those seem to be changed, some skills were changed, some were not. Feels like more balancing across the board is needed.
1 Like

You saw my actual data that I posted over 14 runs. I knew I was wasting my time while doing it. Not sure why I did it anyway.

Make a quick clip of it and share the link.

And yes, my thoughts on the topic are a belief. I made a decently large data set that conflicts with yours. But RNG is RNG and I can’t guarantee that my data holds true for everyone. I can admit that because I’m not arrogant enough to state it as fact.

Where’s yours? You derride me personally, call me a liar, then expect me to provide video while you provided neither screenshots or video yourself. You attempted (poorly) to refute the screenshots I did provide.

To quote you:

I’m not making any claims to provide evidence for. I just shared my experience for your claim. I have nothing to prove. Literally all your screen shots showed was your account mats. That doesn’t even require refutation. I also didn’t call you a liar. I just said I was skeptical. If you don’t want to do it, just say so. I really don’t care.

Yep, it seems right, I did something like that on day 1 and got similar results…
Oh and don’t feed the trolls, this shivera guy is probably just a liar who wants some kind of praise to inflate his ego, something like “omg he got 500 VCs in a couple helltides what a legend”

Yeah I mean, I’m not saying they are a liar. I think they are most likely mistaken, but may not be doing it on purpose. But if I’m getting trolled, it was well done.