Vampire Powers need to be permanent

You guys can’t just throw away amazing systems without throwing away lots of players.
Say good bye to 50% of the players if you keep trying to do that, Rod.
Add those new bosses to the overworld.
Come up with Holy/Unholy, or some opposing power system to compete with vampire powers in the future but don’t just throw away actual good work, that would be catastrophic.

2 Likes

Make Metamorphosis as a Unique Boots!

4 Likes

that’s the whole point of season though. (just some effect can come back as new legendary)

look at how overpowered our characters can already be without seasonal power.
if you combine barber heart with metamorphosis and so on you would simply be unkillable and kill anything in one hit even more.

5 Likes

Bring back the belt slot and make unique belts with either the powers directly on them or perhaps have slots to fit runes into them and each rune has a power from a previous season you can carry forward into new seasons. Could make some cool combinations the more are available later on.

I don’t know about keeping the vampire powers, but they should definitely add the new bosses to the Eternal Realm if they haven’t already.

1 Like

if you mean the ubers , yes already the case

2 Likes

-This is what some people said during last season as well.

-I’m pretty certain this opinion will be shared during every season but the world will still keep rotating. There will be other powers to use. Perhaps some of this season’s things will be turned into items like they did with the Malignant rings this season.

4 Likes

I think the point of why they’re doing this is to test things and see how they interact with other things so that once they make a true implement it will be a tried and tested one that will hold.

Did you pull the number out of your backside?

6 Likes

And thats how you make massive power creep (see D3) . Looking forward to this silly mechanic to get shelved

2 Likes

I’m not looking forward to losing 3% life gain on skill use. That thing alone keeps me well and alive. Supposedly there will be a replacement of some sort but as it stands I got no further source of healing. The rogue skill that does a similar thing, but only to close enemies and reliant on luck, is so weak that I consider it a waste of points. Perhaps it will receive a buff, i don’t know. And then there’s Andariel’s for 3% lifesteal, which seem pretty cool but all don’t have access to that kind of item and Harlequin is, perhaps, better; if one happen to have one of those.

Some of the more popular powers will probably become items next season. Probably with the Echo of Zir as their primary drop source.

I did a post on this somewhere. How blood powers cud be amulets.

I think Metamorphosis as an item would be pretty nice and I’d think about using it if it dropped for sure. I hope it gets picked to carry forward.

Whats the point of seasons if everythingjust permanent LMAO

1 Like

So… they actually had a Nephalem/Angelic/Demonic system that was like a poitn value on all items. Eclipsing X number would “unlock” hidden powers on the items (I believe items). Scrapped in development but just found it a bit interesting to hear a similar style suggestion here.

As for your general sentiment. The system would need to be tweaked A LOT to become a central game theme; however, I do agree that I feel like this is a system and design that should be fleshed out further and brought in later. Maybe an expansion or something. The general principle I like but the base power is way too much.

1 Like

I don’t know, the whole vampire thing in the context of Diablo is a bit of a stretch, I don’t think we need to or should keep those kinds of powers going forward.

that and he’s delusional because he thinks he’s talking for 50% of the players and not just for himself

No. We dont need this powercreep on eternal.

honestly a part of me agrees with you…,
espacially looking at some of the powers

• healing on using skills
  • more dmg reduction the lower your life

i mean…, considering we’re getting tougher and tougher endgame in Dec5th probably more in the future as it seems to be (dont get me wrong more is better i love it!)

but we’re definitely gonna need a LOT more tankyness in the future if we stop using the vampiric powers i mentioned oof… tier 1 blood sigils, lvl 155 :cold_sweat: and it only goes upwards