Unique weapon OVERKILL

The unique skill of overkill says “Gain all upgrades of deathblow for Free and gain X% of damage.” I equipped the weapon and unfortunately you DO not get ALL UpgrAdeS. you only receive the skills you slot points into

1 Like

Do you mean side upgrades or variants that are at the end of a skill branch?

both side and variant upgrades arent being applied, only the side and variant skills that a player puts skill points in is being applied

1 Like

The unique effect of overkill completely doesnt work

-damage increase
With overkill equipped my DB damage is 4.5 mil
With an other weapon equipped with no dmg aspect but similar stats and 10 extra skills from talisman I do 4.4 mil

The overkill is mythic so the damage difference should be huge.

-Deathblow gains all upgrades for free → not side upgrades like before, all upgrades
with overkill equipped hovering over the skill no modifiers except for the ones allocated are shown

I’ve compared this with cathans iron conviction buff, the 3 set :your aura skills gain all of their upgrades
When hovering over the skill it has all the side upgrades and all the variants.

In conclusion, the unique effect does nothing.

1 Like

when I tested it the side upgrades worked and this is all you are supposed to get, I believe, because the wording for variants is different (can’t remember where I saw it) … and it would be a bit of an overkill (pun intended =)).

I’m going to test the rest again as well, because I just started to farm one =)

1 Like

I double checked the numbers and for me it does exactly what it says:

  • With a base weapon I have 2555 damage (3127 dmg, 329 str, 1 rank)
  • With Overkill I have 14800 damage (4128 dmg, 425 str, 7 ranks, 147% multi)

In addition I get the advertised extra charge for free. I did not test the on-kill effects since I can’t kill the dummies :wink:

1 Like

ok, might just be a a visual bug then. Thanks for the testing.

1 Like

do you get the extra charge or not?
I mean there is a non-zero chance that only the Mythic is bugged :see_no_evil_monkey: , but you won’t see the side upgrades in the tooltip in any case.

1 Like

Ah that’s a good check. Couldn’t see it because my third blade was equipped.

Extra charge is there, so it’s just then tooltip not displaying the extra damage or side-grades.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Still definitely not working because I do not have an extra charge

Of course it works. The skills tooltip itself in fact doesn’t actually show the changes.
But it affected my Death Blow greatly the same way when I first used just a unique Overkill and it does now that I have the Ancestral Mythic version.
Without investing points in any of side upgrades, killing an enemy grants me a full of my fury resource(100%) and an Overpowers stack.
Meanwhile after hitting enemies I didnt 1shot- next subsequent casts are fury free for a short time: And that effect actually hinders me more than it helps, since it lowers my damage for those 2sec. by preventing spending resource for it ;d

The thing that still required spending a literally ONE talent point to get that bonus is a 1 of 3 VARIANTS on left u have (Consecutive/ Sonic Boom/ Blast).
Yes. Each one of thats three are Variant and it is different thing then a small upgrades avaiable on sides from skills. They are defined as variants- and that as different thing to the side upgrades.
Just look at how it is written and defined as a variant bonus from another 2H mace—the "Hellhammer unique: Upheaval gains the Iron Burst Variant and deals [60.0–75.0]% increased damage."
Soo if Iron Burst are 1 of 3 variant choice for upheaval and thats theyt are defined. It is working same way and for what’s are affected by “Overkill” and what isnt.

Now about didnt have a 2 charges of Death Blow.
Well if u playing "The Third Blade" unique at same time on of 1 hand weapon slot like me ^^
It provide some changes to Weapon Mastery skills overall.
“Your Weapon Mastery Skills are now also Core Skills that have 100% Cooldown Reduction but cost Fury, dealing [140 - 160]% of normal damage.”
It affect all your weapon mastery abilites overall but with Death blow it additionally changing that one of specific small side upgrade changes its effect from 2 charges instead it lower fury cost of use to 18 (basic fury cost are 35 ^^)
Sooo makes sense bcs it lost CD and now can be used one by one if u have enough fury for each of that use

I tested and it is def not working. Without spending points I did not do the explosion or have the extra charge. I am not getting any upgrades for free

No free extra charge on mine either so, it doesn’t work.