Unique items are utter garbage

Worst changes ever made to the game, most stupid changes that no one asked for, and also why can’t i reroll at enchanter? just because their a different color from legendary? so stupid, their is no point to them anymore they should just be legendary aspects at this point

54 Likes

They gave them the diablo 2 treatment when they added the rune word system and only a few are worth using the others are just trash

2 Likes

I don’t understand how they can mess up Uniques.

All they have to do is look at Grim Dawn. That game has both Monster Infrequents (powerful, target farmable drops) and Epic items. Both are build-defining. You either luck into or farm them and base a build around these items.

Don’t know why D4 can’t do that…

19 Likes

I have to agree with this. Getting a good unique was difficult already. Now they added a new layer of RNG by randomizing their stats. If you could get 1 good unique out of 10, now it’s 1 out of 50.

And then I’ll check some streamer gear and they have the perfect unique with a perfect transmute on it. Kinda sus.

20 Likes

This has literally nothing to do with D2. What a weird attempt at analogy to make.

In D2 unique items are with pretty much fixed stats. There are very few of them, where RNG matters… and it’s usually one stat out of 5+.
Go to areat summit and read through them.

As to the runewords… same thing really. Those for your build are immediately usable, even with bad roll.

In D4 most of the unique items are utter garbage, that would be immediate downgrade.

3 Likes

First they killed Rare items.
Now Uniques.

Lovely.

9 Likes

That really is annoying.

I’m seeing players with perfect Gear. Or almost perfect. And also Transfigured with the correct Aspect on an Amulet.

And I’ve been grinding and farming harder than any of them. Or maybe not. I know I have been blasting tho.

RNG on the Uniques is really a pain right now. I can’t bring myself to care much right now.

I’m going to start a new alt just so I can take a break from farming and just level 1-70. For a RNG break lol

2 Likes

Just part of the “itemization” reset schedule, need to destroy tiers of gear, so you can redo it every couple of seasons so stash doesnt become a problem.

1 Like

A lot of them did get dumpstered by the loss of the gauranteed rolls. Blizzard didn’t take that into consideration at all or at least they haven’t gotten around to reworking them. Plenty of them are completed sweaty butt now. Nothing you want. Completely outshined by legendary aspects with bigger bonuses and minus the penalties some of them have like 200% self burning damage or requiring to maintain certain health thresholds.

Like giving a chimpanzee a rubrics cube and he just throws it at the wall and does the sign language for “give orange me”. Blizzard completely missed the point and didn’t figure it out.

11 Likes

NO! D2 never had random uniques, that was d3 legendaries.

7 Likes

you’re “supposed” to be “happy” with almost/decent gear if you want perfection you will have to spend the hours and pray to the RNG gods to favor you

It’s probably a conspiracy theory, but I think a lot of YouTubers and other Streamers/video content creators cheat. Either through hacks/exploit software “character editors” and the like, or through (un)official gifts from Blizzard (or whatever publisher) they aren’t supposed to talk about publicly.

Basically, if you make money showing off a video game you didn’t create (or work on creating), and have all the best gear in said video game, it’s immediately suspect.

Even if you play 10+ hours a day, RNG just isn’t like that. Some of these rare items with the best rolls would require more grinding than there are hours in a day.

So yeah, I have no proof, but I think streamers cheat and take their videos as fiction/entertainment not documentary.

7 Likes

D4 devs only listen to D3 streamers who don’t play good games like Grim Dawn.

3 Likes

I don’t like the change. But not the worse thing they’ve changed. It also doesn’t make the total garbage. The aspect is still the most powerful part of the unique.

I’m certainly in favor of moving back to how they used to be though.

1 Like

The uniques rolling random stats is the best thing the’ve done. It allows us to target farm the exact stats I want.

While casuals might get hurt by the change, its an awesome change for us grinders. All my uniques have the EXACT stats i wanted, and being able to reroll the multipier is awesome.

7 Likes

you know its not in a good state when legacy uniques are better than the new ones. still wearing my assassins strides from pre-expansion because it has +ranks shadow imbue and double digit mobility CD.

2 Likes

How’s a weird analogy ? Just try use unique items like Silks of the victor on your main character or Merc at level 29 ? Oh wait there’s better options already such as Stealth rune word, or wait try get another unique armour for levels 30s oh wait there’s Smoke and Hysteria rune word, try now using a unique weapon on your character or Merc, oh wait there’s Insight and spirit rune words, see the problem with rune words ?? And that’s why we are here where many uniques and specially Mythic uniques in diablo 4 patch after patch are getting overshadowed by other gear systems which are obviously: Tempering, master working and now the new cringe system aka transfigure.

And by the way similar thing is happening to Mythic items getting overshadowd by other myhtic items and we see this now with Heir of perdition, like the vast majority use that item as bis so where the f is the shako and Andariels visage now ? , what about Doombringer? . For being “Mythic_ premium deluxe items barely anyone use them and become instantly salvaged for the spark

This isn’t at all what he’s saying.

While there are merits to having varying stats, I am inclined to agree. Especially at lower torments, getting one that has usable stats is highly unlikely. The system has too many RNG layers.

If we will stick with fully randomized stats, they will have to allow us to reroll at the occultist.

A bigger issue is that there are currently so many junk stats. Even the rerolling process is now a nightmare.

4 Likes

The goal was noble: Make every slot open to all sets of gear. Commons, uncommons, rares, legendaries and uniques now all have a place in your heart.

The problem is that players have a really hard time articulating exactly what it is they want. This is their answer to, “build diversity is lacking” + “itemization is boring”, which was to generalize everything outright and make it specifically both unremarkable and malleable. So did players ask for this? Yes, they did, numerous times, and I can say that I didn’t see this particular outcome coming but I knew somewhere down the line this would be addressed.

The next natural step they will take, which I hope they take soon, is to allow you to reroll more than one element at the enchanter. You will likely eventually be able to craft your perfect gear in the image you want through rerolls and the Horadric Cube by directly being able to pick what you want to put on the item.

Whites will become, in every sense of the word, the most valuable gear in the game, crafted from the ground up. The only thing you can’t mock will be GAs.

1 Like