Unique drops just completely broken or what?

some PoE players had a theory about this.
they believe every character you make is tied to a seed. and that seed determines what you will drop most.

If they are right, not good for the 1 character enjoyer.

2 Likes

That’s a stupid theory, because you are looking at something that make very little sense when it come to coding. The object in most if not all of the looting genre has their own loot table to RNG the drop upon “trigger” mechanic, such as open, or destroy.

dont beat me, sempai. I just said something. I didnt say its true or that i believe.
im sorry.

They said uniques will be hard to get. So… works as intended? Some might need a little tweak, but it’s not that bad considering RNG has to cycle through so many itmes.

Unique drops definitely are weird. Also, so called target farm doesn’t work. Never gotten ‘higher chance’ items from appropriate mobs other than rares, sometimes legendaries.

Something must be up because they just couldn’t fix target farm issue that shakogate has exposed so we now have no target farm from the Helltide chests either.

I was trying to find a post about this exact thing.

I swapped to lightning druid build at 90. Have not seen a single unique drop since then and I am now 97. I have done so many nightmare dungeons and gone through so many legendaries.

I wouldn’t have worried so much if I had seen at least 1 unique every now and then but i am seeing zero. it has been a few days now.

Feel like something must be up or this is extremely bad RNG

2 Likes

This rumor has been going around since Everquest in the late 90’s lol. Seeding when you make your character determines your drop luck. It tries to explain why some people seem way more lucky than others.

I had a game friend that no matter what game we played, and I am talking in a large guild of MMO players, he had the best luck. In SWToR he had himself and all his companions raid geared before the rest of us got our own characters geared. It was insane. It was like that in every game. Some people are just lucky.

Doesn’t the game do several rolls to determine loot? Such as which item slot, what rarity, what stats, the rolls on how much of each stat, and so on. Uniques of course already got the stats they’ll have predetermined except for how much of each, and legendary aspects as well as uniques tend to have a roll on how strong the effect will be (not all have that roll though).

And then rolls tends to be weighted, otherwise you’d be seeing a lot more variety all over the place.
So it’s like the helltide drama with the shako drops, when it rolls a unique and you have no other unique it can possibly be for that slot, it ends up being the uber unique that all classes can get. The rest tend to be class-specific after all.

Meaning for example like with barbs, the game rolls it being a unique for the helmet slot, but there is no unique for the helmet except for uber unique, so it grants the much less weighted uber unique because there is nothing else to choose from and it already rolled it being a helm and a unique.

Or to simplify it, certain uniques are more weighted than others in order to make it much less common to get a unique rolled for an item slot for a class that can’t get anything other than an uber for that slot.
And each class got their own assortments of uniques, so when it rolls a unique, you’ll see certain stuff more common than others. There will be exceptions that gets weirdly lucky with the less common ones, but that doesn’t mean the server stats would show it like that. The sample size is pretty big after all, we just don’t have access to the stuff Blizz doesn’t want to show.
And frankly, one player’s experience with the loot is kinda meaningless.

works as intended? … i have like 5+ of other uniques by the handfuls, so… not quite hard to get those other ones haha

I hope you never get the Tempest Roar helm for trash talking my axe. :rage:

Yes, you are getting the same ones over and over. Stop noticing things. People said it’s RNG, so it has to be RNG’s fault! ::

Frankly, your disregarding & dismissing another users report of an issue is rather toxic.

How about a list of 200 player experiences?

Sorry, but you need a bigger sample size. Around 5-10% of the entire player pool could give you somewhat of an idea, but the best is of course server statistics, which only Blizzard got access to. Fun, right?

There are good uniques depending on your build that isnt uber rare. They need to release more and keep them interesting.

There is a gap in the unique system between the common to ultra rare.

I found 3 uniques yesterday, one was an upgrade. RNG is RNG, sometimes the god favor you and sometimes they dont.

Nice way of saying you don’t care about, respect, or have any concern for the opinions & issues of other players that payed their fee to play the game who come to these forums.

Keep your bad faith, straw man arguments - I have dealt with enough Trolling on these forums to know when a user is just here to spew disrespect towards others voicing legitimate concerns & complaints.

I advise not engaging with EruEllimist.

Try playing a class that won’t use it …you will get plenty of them …

Lol, waxing gibbious is bad? Oookay.

Still no Tempest Roar after so much time at level 100. I have played NMDs nonstop from 60-100 and then from 100 and still no TR. Oh well, time for a new class. I have found 6+ of every unique for Druid at this point except I have been unable to find one Tempest Roar. I am burnt out.

2 Likes

@shankster

unless you’re citing some kind of official information, you’re just speculating unconfirmed nonsense.

it makes no sense i’ve gotten literally 7 butchers cleavers, but someone who’s also a lvl 100 druid has never seen it but has gotten 7 tempest roars…