Uninstall Beta or

Maybe we’ll get another chance to play more beta before release? Or uninstall?

it releases in 2 months. we won’t get another. reclaim that disc space. the live version is a different install

2 Likes

Poof goes 90GB of data. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Keep it. They may let us play again. Blizzard does this on occasion. They do it with WOW.

Worst case we have to reinstall but, I seriously doubt there will be another beta, much less open.

1 Like

After closed beta the play button turned into a giant uninstall button and you couldn’t even install open beta until you uninstalled the closed beta (I waited until open beta could be downloaded just in case).

This time the play button is still there and just grayed out so I’m leaving it for now. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Uninstalled it the moment I felt done with the beta, I mean in todays world it takes just a couple of minutes to download a full game (if using fibre) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why ? Blizzard does this a lot with WOW…

I’d rather not waste 80gb of drive space on a maybe when it doesn’t take that long to reinstall.

Particularly when, there is zero possibility of reusing any of it at release. We will have to completely redownload the game.

This isn’t WoW, the game ships in 2 months, there isn’t any need to have another open beta. Maybe they’ll update or have more closed beta but, I don’t see any reason why they would bother with another open beta.

If you can spare the room keep Beta around.

The battle.net client has the capability of looking at previous PTR and Beta installs , seeing what data it can salvage from them then downloading the remaining. By keeping the Beta folder around you’ll potentially get a sizeable jump start on the download when D4 goes live.

But again that’s “if you can spare the room” . If you don’t want to waste the 36 - 80 GB of space yes delete it. Or if you have decently fast internet pipes that can redownload it all decently fast.

PS No you don’t have to leave it on the drive it was installed to. Just copy the D4 folder somewhere like a back up disk or something until June

8 Likes

Moving it elsewhere seems like a great option. Not wanting to leave it on an SSD. Mine’s gone already but good to know.

I was just thinking of uninstalling, but then I saw this post, and I do have a storage drive I keep around. Thanks!

Pretty sure the beta testing is over. All our characters have been wiped anyways. No point in keeping it installed.

Not sure how much correct this is as Live version is completely different than the beta version.

I already uninstalled to save the space

So you think every single asset from beta will be replaced on live lol? “WE CANT USE THAT, THAT IS BETA TEXTURES!!!”

There were multiple ““beta”” weekends with D3. I would leave it installed for now. But we’ll all have to do a clean install for release.

Half the game is textures. A lot of the rest is probably sound files. I doubt this has changed any, other than adding support for other languages. It might have been a beta but the game is pretty much done.

Keep it. With all this backlash, I don’t think Blizz expected so much negative press about the state of the game even in beta.

So they’ll try to hype the audience again with more “balanced” or “polished” beta for marketing purpose only.

I’d imagine with all the crashes and DCs from previous beta there might be another one before official launch, i don’t think they fully figured it out or fixed what was causing the game to rubberband players too, not to mention those random mini freezes as well. For me personally i was still seeing those issues early sunday morning. Servers probably need another testing.

1 Like