Unable to load into game, stuck at character select (all 3 betas)

After launching the game and creating a character, the game will not load into the world and returns me to character selection. This issue occurs for all characters on my account as well as for characters on a friend’s fully functional account if they’re logged into my PC.

1. Clicking the “Start Game” button will show a brief “Queued for game - start game pending” popup.
  2. The screen will go completely white with only the Play bar at the top.
  3. After 25 seconds, the game will return to the character select screen.

The error occurred on all attempts made during Beta weekends 1, 2, and Server Slam. In Beta 2, the lower-right corner of the white screen would rarely show a “Hold Esc to skip cutscene” button, which did nothing. Either way, it would always send me back to character selection, sometimes giving me error Code 395002 if I attempted to Start Game again too quickly.

I have used both Scan and Repair and fully uninstalled/reinstalled the game a few times, but the issue persists. At no point have I been able to enter the game beyond character select. I can provide dxdiag or MSInfo files from during the Server Slam if requested.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Except my screen goes black and the top bar has the Play & Shop buttons.

I am having the exact same issuse, I have no idea what’s going on…

Tried again just now and still can’t get past character selection. Black screen as well.

Ok so there’s something that works for me, I connected to the internet on my phone with a USB cable and game works, but when I am on my ethernet cable on pc it doesn’t, I dont know how to fix this…

I fixed it by using mobile data internet, give it a try

My laptop doesn’t work either so it may very well be a network issue (not the case for other Blizzard games). I tried disabling Windows firewalls since this is the point where it’s been requesting the application be allowed. Unfortunately, disabling firewall and switching to wireless/mobile hotspot, didn’t change the result.

I am having the same issue soon as game loads it freezes I have been playing since the game came out with no issues till today ty uninstalling and reinstalling still freezes not happy payed for the best package and just seems a waste now if you cant play when you want to and have to wait for a patch how fair is that?

No resolution still… Guess a refund is the only option.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.