UI is a detriment to the game (User Interface)

Also would like stepped zoom in/zoom out, so we can zoom in once as normal then [step] zoom in even closer (that will help sell the costume skins they add to game so surely this is incentive enough), and zoom out a step further than we currently can do as well.

The zoom out on world boss isn’t enough to be at peak gameplay.

So a two step zoom function in both directions.

1 Like

The zoom does feel too close, but you can alleviate that some by either using a uw monitor, or forcing uw resolution if you dont have a uw monitor. I dont see them adding more zoom features though

They might, it is one of the most upvoted things on their discord.

That doesnt mean much.

If farting sparkles for an attack was an upvoted thing, id hope they wouldnt do it just because the masses “upvoted” it.

It very possibly, and probably would be much more in depth than just moving the camera angle up a bit. Just because a lot of people like the thing, realllllly doesnt mean a lot. Granted, it would be nice, but i highly doubt they just set the zoom the way it is because thats where they landed that day. Theres some reasoning behind it, though I personally dont know what it is/was.

My biggest issue with the UI at the moment (aside from taking too much space and blocking a massive amount of the view when open) is that we still can’t hit spacebar to close the window(s). Most games of this type let you do that. I know they left it out initially because spacebar is bound to Evade, but surely they know how to program a contextual function such that when a window is open spacebar can be pressed to close it instead of evading with the window open (and subsequently vaulting to your doom into a pack of mobs you couldn’t see behind said window).

2 Likes

I’ve actually grown so used to the close zoom from PoE (which I didn’t like at all when I first started playing that game) that now I hate it when games are too zoomed out. I think being zoomed in makes the game a little more of a challenge since you can’t see what is coming before it can get in range to attack you.

My biggest gripes were the many hard coded bindings (of which that is one) and the limited binding ability of the mouse.

They fixed the mouse, but as of yet I don’t know of any stated mention for the spacebar.

100% agree I’ve never seen such an amateur UI. It’s sad, really.

2 Likes

They could leave spacebar as the default bind for Evade while still using contextual functionality when any windows are open. I mean, I can remap spacebar to whatever I want in D2R and still close windows with it.

:woman_shrugging:

It’s quite simple… they were cheap so they only made 1 Ui for all platforms and they made it based on the lowest denominator… consoles

So pc have a dogwater UI because they basically have the consoles limitations forced down on them

5 Likes

Yep, this. And then people wonder why PC plyers are ragging on consoles all the time. It makes companies releasing sub-par features just because little Timmy with controller would have to press more buttons.

Consoles and exclusives are the worst thing that happened to modern gaming where innovation should be on the forefront. Instead, developers have this iron ball chained on their feet that makes it impossible to create better games and features.

2 Likes