Uber drop rate... here we go again

I know rng is rng, but I’ve done over 40 tormented uber duriel/andy now with 0 uber uniques. Is the drop rate only 2% for these things? I thought it was 5x the rewards… anyone else experiencing anything similar?

1 Like

its 5x the number of items dropped but still a 2% chance of an uber for each of those drops. But still 40 runs is 200 items so your definetly running below EV (poker speak)

1 Like

So 10% roughly per kill right? So I’m about 400%… on average i would have gotten 4… but instead…0

1 Like

I did 20 tormented yesterday got 3 gf, 1 ring, and andy. Got shako and a ring last week in 1.

Rng is rng

I’ve made another post here. Is actually broken. If you notice, there are times when you get 2 uniques on the ground. As per the diablo dynamics, one of them should be an uber.

Indeed, in the previous months, I got my few ubers this way: whenever double, an uber. But now, when you get double uniques on the ground (which happens like every 50 runs) they are duplicates in kind, values or both, and they can even be OUTSIDE the loot pool of the uber bosses.

Everyone’s overlooking this issue, I guess all the friends I know have made like 1500 runs summed up, and no one got a uber in the last weeks.

A double drop doesnt guarantee an uncommon unique.

1 Like

Well, for sure doesn’t guarantee things out of the loot pool or exact duplicates in values. If you can’t tell from your experience, watch all the videos of uber uniques drops from youtube and say they aren’t double…

Meanwhile, I got a Selig on my first Tormented Vershan kill and a Doombringer on my 4th Tormented Duriel kill. Salvaging those plus the obligatory free Resplendent Spark from killing my first Tormented Boss and the one I got from the Iron Wolves Questline transformed into a Shako for my Heartseeker Rogue.

Sorry for your luck, apparently I took it. Now that I’m done with it, you can have it back. LOL.

1 Like

Rng is rng. Ive been super lucky this season. Even got a doube uber drop off my very first run.

S3 i had horrible luck for the tuning stones. Bad luck exists as well as good luck.

I have noticed a lot of duplicates dropping. I didn’t bother to check if the stats matched or not since they were crap but you might be on to something! There is a point where you should be able to out rng the bad rng and i feel like 40 runs should have done just that by now

1 Like

never got a single uber unique previous season then this season i’ve them all except doombringer.

guess they buffed the droprate

I’ve only gotten 2. 2 Andariel masks.

I suppose taking the LONG WAY, is to keep making alts and completing that Wolf honor thing. It’s 1 spark per new character (I believe).

Lol, I feel ya. Friends and I did about 25 uber duriel runs, not one uber for the 3 of us…did norm andy and had 2 back to back uber drops, that rng for ya.

Counting Uber as 5x Drop event i had only 2 Uber Uniques in well over 500 drop events.
So yes, i can completely understand what you are experiencing.
I would really like to have resplendant sparks drop of Andariel/Duriel 1 each kill and from Uber Andariel/Duriel 5 each and have the cost to craft an Uber Unique at like 250 resplendant sparks.
We are completely lacking a deterministic way to progess.

And farming materials on gregoire, varshan, zir, seeing that crappy <925 loot sprinkle out of their dead bodies does not help to motivate. Let alone that beast of the ice nonsense runway on top of that.

Edit: At least in S4 you can level up 4 chars and do the iron wolf journey as a deterministic way to actually craft an uber unique. I would hope the iron wolf reward “ladder” would be kept for every coming season tbh.

This isn’t RNG at all.

I have troubles reading this posts. I call bs or the droprate is completly broken and do not work the same for everyone.

I have more than 100k, I did carries since day3 and have not seen any drop yet.

it NEVER was the case that 2 uniques GURANTEE an uber - the odds are high but even the season they introduced it it was not guaranteed and it never changed - it feeld about a 50% to get one on a double drop

for what its worth:

1 - (1 - 0.02)^N

each kill is ~9.6% chance

By 40 kills (N = 200, not including double drops), you’re at 98.24% chance… so youre in the bottom 1% basically :slight_smile: but that also means statistically you’re only 1 in every 100 players, which makes it pretty common if I put my clown mask on and imagine theres actually a lot of people playing this season.

1 Like

Season 4, finally got my first Uber (Shako) from Andy after my 30th Andy/Duri run(about 20th that day). In all honesty, it didnt make much of a difference on my build. The stat bonuses caps are from season 3. Same with the rest of the uniques. Such as 42 Str on a unique vs 90 on a Legendary Ancestrial…I only use 1 Unique and have 30 in the stash and vendored another 30 lol. Just keep trying, it’ll come(only took me 4 seasons…)

As someone who works during the day and plays at night or on weekends, I haven’t found a single uber unique yet and still trying to get my character strong enough to kill these bosses quickly. It’s not easy on barb either with the uber debuff, I’ll probably need to find a necro to assist with afk minions at some point, or maybe other people are rolling necro, getting the uniques, then transferring them to other classes - no idea. I’m still confused on how bash dmg works.

In my total playtime though I should have at least found 1 of these things by now though. ugh.

For Bash damage, you need the Temper mod Bash Cleave Damage on all 4 of your weapons.