Uber Boss Summon Materials (Please Remove) its miserable!

Lol malphas is ez to solo. Getting the token to summon him is not.

I do not have a problem with needing mats to summon bosses that have the best drops. However, I do think that the amount of mats required for some of the bosses compared to the odds of getting what you want to drop are ridiculous.

2 Likes

The devs 100000 times better know how to make a good game than the playerbase. Leave it as it is, it’s fine.

This game is getting worse and worse every patch and it’s because of them listening to the playerbase and giving them what they ask for. The exact same thing happened with Overwatch - that game was a near masterpiece and now it is an utter, utter pile of crap due to listening to players.

This was the first diablo game I’ve ever properly gotten into and each patch it is losing more and more of the stuff I liked to cater to ‘‘I JuSt WanT to KiLl DemOns!’’ idiots.

The mark of a high quality dev is they filter out the bad ideas, and take on board the good ideas and enhance them as required. Blizzard devs don’t seem to have that ability at this point.

3 Likes

good way to throw your “buddy” under the bus. i sense an account getting deleted

The summoning mat system as it is primarily benefits botters and dupers selling mats to a massive degree.

The second favored group is 4 players sharing mats.

Everyone else is just getting screwed, which is an odd system to keep in place given it’s probably the majority of the playerbase getting screwed by the system as it is.

Oh, and they just announced a new system is coming to benefit people who have extra or unused uber uniques, meaning the groups benefitting the most already are going to benefit even more greatly with whatever upcoming change they’re making.

5 Likes

really? weird I wonder how they will figure out which of my buddies to delete? I know… if they list how many duriel runs people did on the leaderboards, i think my buddies probably would show up on the top 10

With the patch release yesterday Blizzard has began to mass delete duped items like living steel, eggs, shards, cores from your inventory and stash.

Be careful.

do your friend still play?

if he does, what is the purpose of playing?

The boss is easy but clearing the four mini vaults solo is way too time-consuming. A 4-man party can split up and clear all four at the same time.

2 Likes

yeah, he plays so he can dominate the leader board of course. Thats the only reason he bought all those mats to get all the uber gears before the leaderboards come out.

I see, let us know ur fren ID.

wanna see if he really can dominate, wish him gl from me.

game loops are best when u dont realize your in a loop, the mats grind is getting old, maybe add the uber bosses to vaults and other bosses to nm dungeons, maybe once u reach tier 75 or 85-90 something like this, or introduce solo raids and put them in there, doesnt seem like mat grinding to unlock ubers is a fun loop long term

1 Like

I love how in the material discussion threads everyone seems to know someone that bought 1000000000 kills.

Maybe Blizzard will figure out this wasn’t ideal after all.

I only got 1 unique that I believe and that was in my 70’s and of 0 value to my character. Only way I was able to get the uniques I needed was from a 100 barb killing duriel, and the beast in the ice.

I’ve had Malphas drop a Mucus-Egg multiple times but with rng of course. If they make it where salvaging uber uniques gives you some sort of “uber materials”, an element of rng for duriel boss materials to drop with it would be a nice touch.

well they did just announce something coming to uniques and we should save our uniques atm, maybe this will be what they are doing. I am curious if the mats paywall to access uber bosses is temporary and once all the end game systems are in place the ubers will be moved to maybe vaults, nm dungeons, raids, etc… I like the game but the way they have us finding early game systems to obtain mats to unlock ober bosses is kinda starting to get old, we will see

Everyone is buying these materials, personally I think even the streamers are. If blizzard was to do a ban wave they would probably delete 65% of the player base of this game lol.

3 Likes

honestly the dupers are the ones propping Diablo 4 up.

Without dupers people would waste few days farming Duriel mats and when they get to Duriel and get nothing, how many of them will dedicate/waste another few days farming for the likelihood of obtaining nothing in return again?

There needs to be end game content where you actually feel like you’re progressing. Right now Duriel is a gacha machine, where your time is the cost.

4 Likes

and they are so open about it. its surprising to me how blizzard notice and dont care

i think its obvious that they will not ban anyone because they dont want to lose a fan base.

absolutely right!

maybe they should sell them on the shop but even that doesnt refresh/work properly

1 Like