Twisting Blades modifier CD reset bug

Looks like this is how it’s gonna be.
Kind of sad that they didn’t even said anything about it.

1 Like

What are you people still talking about here, this is what the nerf is supposed to be and how it’s supposed to work, what fix are you waiting for when this is not a bug but how the rogue has been changed? Are you dellusional? :smiley:

Now that the goal has been achieved and a lot of people re-spec’ed, Blizzard, can you please restore the silently nerfed drop rate of the Bladedancer’s Aspect from zero to some number greater than zero?
Since the nerf, I leveled up from 40 or so to 80, and not one single Bladedancer Aspect has dropped, while before the nerf I got a 3 or 4 in the short time span it took to get to 40. Aspects with a similar loot pool have all dropped 5-10 copies, while going from 40 to 80. Aspects which only drop on rings have all dropped at least twice.
Bladedancer, which can drop on Rings, Amulets, Gloves and Weapons, stopped dropping exactly when this nerf went into effect. Maybe it’s all due to my spectacularly rotten luck though. Who knows. Fortunately I had one good roll of Bladedancer saved up, but am now stuck with the crossbow I used that one good Aspect on, until the nerf gets lifted, my luck changes, or I get tired of this game.

3 Likes

Blades disappearing instead of returning is still happening.

The CDR passive is almost non-existant and doesn’t even proc in every mob when it does work.

6 Likes

Advanced Twisting Blades as of Today, Still not working at-all
I can do some video editing to show you if you really want but I think this raw video is enough to show that it is not working at-all.

WARNING VIDEO MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE NOT BEATEN THE CAMPAIGN!

6 Likes

How is this topic 15 days deep, and not have a resolution as at this point it has been acknowledged that it’s a problem…

1 Like

I believe they dont wanna fix it because they think its “too much” to reset cds that often, at the same time rogues cannot facetank anything really, so once u step foot in 65+ NM dungeons, u gonna start getting 1 shotted by anything really, cause you are out of any mobility, twisting blades rogue is one of the worst builds currently, deals okayish dmg but it became boring, slow/crippled, doing MUUUCH less dmg than before and just demotivating to play overall.

meanwhile, look at barbarians broken builds, tornado werewolf druids completely deleting lilith HP bar in few seconds while being tanky and speed capped, sorc and necro are skipping the entirety of 1st phase on lilith, she doesnt even get to do any waves, straight to last phase because of how much dmg they do, but hey LETS NERF ROGUES, i said it before gonna say it again, the dev. team is following GGG path and gonna ruin any fun build people are playing, exactly what GGG did in PoE which btw killed PoE big time, bunch of jokers and clowns developing the game (oh its rude to call you guys clowns?, but its not rude to ignore tons of players complaining about 1 specific issue, ha?, its not rude to waste people’s time and energy by ruining a class and not fixing an obvious bug?)

1 Like

It is not bugged. There are a few problems in this thread tho, thats for sure.

1. blizzard has done a terrible job explaining WHY it isn’t bugged.
  2. the tooltips can be a bit confusing to some

There are basically 3 phases to TB

1. initial hit
  2. return path
  3. orbit (optional from aspect)

The CDR from Advanced Twisting Blades ONLY works on phase 2. It does not work on phase 3. I have seen multiple videos of people complaining its not working, but they stand right in a pack of enemies not moving and wonder why it is not giving CDR. That is because the return is not going through any enemies. Just a few replies up is an example of one of these terrible videos.

Thats not how it works. Phase 2 return is where it needs to hit enemies. BEFORE the orbit starts. The orbit does not count.

TB USED to be bugged. It used to count the orbit when it wasn’t supposed to. Now it is fixed and working as intended. Blizzard really needs to be clear with that, their poor attempt at explaining it only caused more frustration.

1 Like

The Orbit is part of the return and if it is not then the value of it for single target use is removed 100% as you do not benefit from the CDR on a single target boss fight… just like in my video…

2 Likes

the orbit is NOT part of the return tho. it never was supposed to be. its literally in the tooltips explaining that the orbit is AFTER the return.

This is the problem. You refuse to believe that you read the tooltip incorrectly. But… you DID.

As far as the value of it for single target… yea. Yea I already knew that. The people on maxroll and d4builds knew that at launch as well. Even their guides say that EXACT thing. TB is bad on bosses and other single targets.

This is not new information lmao

1 Like

Personally I don’t appreciate that attitude, I have video of the interaction of CDR triggering on the orbit about 12 days ago. So the interaction did exist and when they did the hotfix for the full CRD trigger and reduced the CDR from .2 to .1 the interaction was removed and never stated in any patch note, so it was a shadow nerf or it is currently bugged. This interaction is one of the only interactions allowing rogues to actually tank at the moment as we need to actually life-steal tank or buffer tank with barrier.

I understand that you don’t think it’s a bug, but if it’s not why would a blue post say that they are looking into it, also why would you come in here to borderline flame people.

Real nice way to be a part of a constructive community, I’m here waiting for the blue post, not here to have you calling my video terrible…

but they literally said its working as intended.

“After the latest bug fix the amount of Cooldown reduction per target hit, as well as the maximum Cooldown reduction per cast of Twisting Blades, matches its tooltip.”

Its not that I don’t think it is a bug. Its that it really isn’t one. The skill is doing exactly what it was intended to do.

The problem is that everyone got used to the bugged version of the skill and now they think its bugged or nerf’d simply because it was fixed.

Scroll up a bit and look at some of the replies. There is a blue-post there. They said they were looking into it, then came back and said it was not a bug.

I am sorry you are offended that I was explaining it in a way that was easier to understand. My bad. I should have just let the blue-post continue to confuse you. Next time I will be sure not to try to help you and explain in a way you might understand.

1 Like

So instead of it being bugged, it’s intentionally broken.

That is so much better.

Fact is that it’s useless now. It’s too low CDR and too situational to ever be picked over the Daze. Meanwhile you can reset ALL YOUR CDs each pack with your ultimate by running preparation+exposure. So you killed one whole specialization playstyle and made the class only playable through the other ones. (heck, you even have to switch to inner sight for single target, good design right there lmao)

All because one passive “wasn’t working as we thought it should”. Well if that’s the case then whichever you think it should’ve been in the first place WAS BAD, AND THEY NEED TO ADMIT IT.

Currently it’s “not bugged”, but it’s terrible. It’s an even worse situation than it being bugged.

1 Like

There must be a solution to this issue. It’s abundantly clear that the TB Rogue community, myself included, is profoundly disappointed with Blizzard’s balance team for their excessively drastic decision.

The nerf was a complete overkill. It’s not just about reducing the passive from 0.35 seconds per enemy to 0.10 seconds, but they also removed the CD reduction from orbiting blades. These two nerfs combined have had a tremendously negative impact on all the builds that relied on this mechanic. It should have been one or the other, not both! Even when facing large groups of enemies, I can hardly ever achieve the 2-second cap per skill (which they even reduced from 3 seconds). Frankly, I’m not even sure if I’m getting half a second of CD reduction per skill on dense packs!

Here’s what I propose:

Keep orbiting blades from reducing cooldowns “as intended,” but restore it to at least 0.35 seconds of cooldown reduction per enemy. Alternatively, if they want to keep it at 0.10 seconds, they should ensure that it also gets reduced by the orbiting blades.

But hey, that’s just my perspective as an ordinary person who plays video games to unwind after work. Who am I to question the decisions of the “balance dev team”?

5 Likes

They should revert every TB nerf if they really intend for the orbiting blades to not reduce the CD.

4 Likes

Honestly, I am not sure what the issue is that people are having with TB. Sure, it felt better before but I legit don’t get the problem people are having with it.

Are people just not playing it properly? TB builds are supposed to be very mobile. Zig-zagging through and around packs. The majority of videos showing the “problems” with TB are just standing there and not moving.

That’s… not how it is meant to be played. It is supposed to be very mobile. Using abilities like Shadow Step with the aspect that adds an extra charge, Dash, and Evade with multiple extra charges. Pop TB a couple times, slip across to the other side of the pack, rinse and repeat.

Playing it like this still works perfectly. It just seems like everyone got lazy and stopped playing it the way it was designed to be played and now they want the lazy way back.

There’s an even lazier way of playing it and they didn’t nerf it. Explained above.

It doesn’t add up.

Is it so hard to admit that dev teams can make mistakes? Like there wasn’t other mistakes around in the game.

Plz bro. Stop justifying bad decisions.

I never once said it wasnt a bad decision. I criticized them for being idiots about explaining it. I said it felt bad to play now compared to the way it used to.

The only thing I have been trying to do is explain why it isnt 'bugged" anymore, since people don’t seem to get it.

Do I want it to go back to orbiting proc’ing the CDR? Hell yes I do. I would rather play it the lazy way than how it is now. Sure all that movement is fun… for a single dungeon maybe. But multiple back-to-back? Nah. It is too much BS work for not enough pay.

1 Like

The issue is that I frequently find myself in a state of constant waiting for the CD to reset so I can resume “zig zagging.” and I also have CD reduction in every possible slot available in that regard! I never claimed it to be unplayable, but I would prefer DMG nerfs rather than having the sole aspect that made TB rogue distinctive and enjoyable, namely its agility, taken away. To achieve those satisfying TB resets and maximize damage output, precise positioning is essential, which necessitates frequent utilization of dash/shadow step.

This is only if you are trying to push higher NM dungeons. With optimised gear - doing 10-15 levels dungeons above you (in my case tier 50) I can just keep mashing the TB while waiting on the cooldowns to keep the flow going, but try that on a higher tier NM dungeon and you will get deleted immediately.

I’m done with complaining at this point and am simply going to enjoy what remains of TB Rogue. If, by chance, they decide to buff it someday, that would be a pleasant bonus.

Cheers

1 Like

Nothing new in the patch notes right? :frowning: