Twisting Blades Bug

So I’ve been playing twisting blades rogue for a while now and absolutely love the spec. I’ve put in countless hours of work to making the perfect build for it and everything. But there is this 1 bug that is a huge game changer for the spec. Now I think this only happens if you are running Puncture + Twisting blades. Basically what happens is if I’m holding down M1 which is my puncture and then I press M2 while holding down M1 it will give the twisting blades animation and it will decrease your energy and use a stack of what ever imbuement you have BUT the ability doesn’t apply to the target. I’ve tested this multiple times and I’m sure you can reiterate it. You don’t have to be in combat all you have to do is hold down M1 and press Right click a few times and then it will make you cast twisting blades even if there is no target making it to sometimes when your in combat and you right click a target that’s behind another MOB it will use the ability but the ability doesn’t go off on anything.

Now I’m sure an easy fix is “Don’t hold down M1 when you cast twisting blades” or “Rebind twisting blades to a different spot” rebinding doesn’t work. and the bug still happens if you do not hold down M1. So like say I’m trying to get out my damage as fast as possible I hold down M1 till 3 combo points then immediately M2 The bug will happen. you can do it without attacking anything as well. The main reason why this is a problem is sometimes if I shadow step into a fight then evade then puncture to 3 combo points and cast twisting blades I hear the animation it uses the energy then dash out but the twisting blades doesn’t go off, it wont come back to me, and it uses an imbuement. so I just wasted a CD.

This might be one of those throw over the shoulders bug but I’m hoping you guys will look into it. It definitely makes Twisting blades harder to play and very misleading when trying to max your damage out put. I’ve ran countless hours of NM100 Dungeons and Vaults and I was hoping the fix would be to make twisting blades like a 3yd range. what makes this bug so misleading is If I’m kiting and trying to build combo points at the same time and I want to turn and hit a twisting blades on the closest target then dash in to the pack it should be smooth. there shouldn’t be a chance for the twisting blades not to go off because say I accidently hovered over the mob behind it. but because its buggy it still chooses to use the twisting blades instead of walking to the target.

Twisting blades is very fun to play. My favorite spec. but it still lacks in comparison to other classes. a 3 yard range buff on twisting blades would be a massive improvement for the class and I think needed. I run the same spec for Flurry and the difference in clear times and over all efficiency of killing mobs is a huge difference. Twisting blades is definitely lacking right now with this bug and I think making it a short range or fixing this bug would definitely allow it to compete with other classes.

1 Like

This is absolutely is a thing and I thought it was just me and my habit of holding (A) and tapping (X) incrementally. I’m a console player and this is a cross platform issue apparently.

1 Like

Suggest an official bug report.

Good catch!