Twisting blade nerf and why is this a problem

We were fooled. The problem with the nerf really is that once like 4-5 days ago it was announced that it gets nerfed I logged in and the tooltip was already changed. I was under the assumption that it had already been changed. After I tested it I was like “it is not too bad” so I continued playing the rogue. If I had known that i wasn’t actually changed I would have already started leveling something else instead of wasting 30+ hours more on the rogue.

Going from 0.25 to 0.1 is a big nerf. It is from 4 hits a second to 10. Why not go to something like 0.15?

Melee rogue is already almost impossible to survive. The whole spec based around blowing up packs under stuns. Can’t recover the cds up fast means you can’t pull stun the next pack. It is impossible to stay alive otherwise. Give proper defense to the class then. I agree it needed some nerf but not like this. It was poor communication. Maybe for some of the people playing TB it is still good. Perhaps they are better geared but come on. The whole game is a mess tuning wise and build wise. Numbers are already out the roof. You aren’t supposed to get hundreds of multipliers from paragon board. You just launched the game but already needs a complete rebalance.

What about going forward into seasons? Will this be the normal? Announce a broken mechanic/unique people roll with while they say it is op and you ignore it. 2 days later it will be nerfed? Is that what is going to happen? You will not have a lot of players then in seasons.

This nerf should have happened later and for seasons not now.

How come pulverize still not nerfed? literally one tapping the whole screen.

18 Likes

Tbh I still think there is a bug in the nerf. It seems it only gives you 0.1s on the first enemy hit, not all enemies it went through.

6 Likes

It may be a bug. Honestly i would rather they kept the .25 and nerfed the damage slightly. That way we still feel zippy and good without it being overtuned.

3 Likes

Rogue

• Advanced Twisting Blades’ Cooldown reduction now matches its tooltip.

and tooltip,

When they return, they reduce the cooldown.

so my guess, the orbiting part of the legendary do not reduce cooldown anymore.

1 Like

Exactly. I’ve rolled every toon and level them up to get a feel but went with a rogue as a main. I had a blast being zippy and quick. Now I’m zippy to the edge of the screen so I don’t get hit while I WAIT.

3 Likes

Yup. Im not starting any new classes because its just a wasted time sink if this is how they handle it. Besides i wanted to experience a new class for the first season.

Yeah this ruined my level 75 Rogue build and is now unplayable. I just rolled a new toon to play in case this bug is intended. It was one thing if they were trying to nerf the ultimate cooling down to fast, but with zero mobility now I’m not gonna try to face tank everything with a Rogue.

GG Blizzard.

2 Likes

It feels absolutely horrid now without the cooldowns working.

This is outside of the realm of your convo, but you do realize right now we are on Eternal Realm right? Switching your main and all that is frankly not needed. Once seasons roll around you will need to roll a new character on a season realm.

If my guess is right, Eternal Realm is good for getting the story out of the way and playing around with what you will play in the next season.

It has been my experience in Diablo to this point and I don’t see that changing in the future that things are going to get nerfed and buffed rather frequently and it is within the seasons that you can exploit your build through the season and then next season switch it up. I have never really worried about buffs or nerfs to much and when they do majorly affect my build I tweak it.

In any event. Should be three realms once seasons start to roll around. Consider this, once you hit max cap and all that, the only thing left to do is min max every slot which you can do forever on the eternal realm, but seasons is where the real game comes in. Like the ladders of old.

How is this related to any of this? I’m not talking about seasons or realms simply don’t want to play a weak build and would have spent time leveling other classes instead.

When they announced the nerf they client patched the tooltip but forgot to say people that it was not changed server side. Seeing the toltip changed people thought it was already changed and it still felt pretty good (of course since nothing changed besides tooltip) so many included me kept playing TB. Now after the patch actually went live its not that good anymore and I straight up dislike it now. I prefer playing something else now but if I had known this 5 days ago I wouldn’t have spent more time on my rogue. That is all.

5 Likes

My question is why do these nerfs to begin with? Wasn’t the game rated Gold before release? Why are they nerfing things left and right after release? Isn’t this mostly a PVE game? Why nerf something that people are having fun with to make it worse, I do not understand this concept. Nerf something in PVP to make it more balanced, fine and dandy. But nerfing things that affect PVE is a mistake, unless it’s completely OP overload, which it’s not.

6 Likes

This means literally nothing. Only that the game is ready to be released. Cyberpunk gone gold and look what a mess that game was.

In case of games like this they can tune anything after launch. This is not interfering with any ratings whatsoever.

Given that TB no longer works with the Blade Dancer Aspect, how can a player possibly hit 20+ mobs with the returning blades to get the full 2 second CD benefit? That kind of crowd density just does not happen in D4.

I honestly think that the removal of TB + Blade Dancer Aspect synergy is a bug – otherwise reducing the CD value from .25 down to .1 makes no sense whatsoever. That, or the DEV team crew did extremely poor planning when they implemented this change.

I do not expect this to be fixed any time soon either. Just look at D2 Amazon Strafe – Blizz “rebalanced” it by applying a hard damage nerf, and they did not undo this for 20 YEARS!

3 Likes

There is good mob density in only a few dungeons, and it gets better in NM dungeons if you get the right keys. But unfortunately post level 70 NM pushing just doesn’t work anymore without any meaningful CDR.

You just end up running around, facetanking waiting on CDR. There are ways to mitigate this nerf with level 15-max level glyphs and some paragon and gear tweaking, but at level 75 it’s just a broken mess.

Go Pen Shot now before they nerf that too lol.

What made Advanced TB so good was that it scaled automatically based on mob density – the more mobs at melee range, the better it worked. This was the its original intent, and for Blizz to suddenly break that synergy without any community feedback implies that someone is trying to cover up a personal coding or decision mistake as opposed to a collaborative decision.

7 Likes

“How come pulverize still not nerfed? literally one tapping the whole screen.”

Because there’s no streamer with many views COUGH WUDIJO & Co COUGH promoting that class and hitting first to 100 with it. And that’s how Blizzard decides what needs to be ‘adjusted’…probably hired a rando from a 3rd world country a la intern kun to track this and tell the dev team about it. Nice and cheap. Yep, it’s allllll about the streaming influence nowadays,

Also yes this is me telling you you’re forced to re-roll into a druid now when you realize there’s nothing left to push after hitting 100 on rogue and 70 on nm dungeon, lol. Don’t like the ‘druid fantasy’? Tough, you can’t play the class you want to push with because streamers exist.

Sincerely, a self-built lvl 100 rogue who’s now afking at stash feeling pretty bad about having to re-roll yucky druid/barb because endgame is balanced around fortify / perma unstoppable existing.

5 Likes

Im just gonna play other games and wait for this to get fixed. Running around waiting for cooldowns and trying not to die feels like utter garbage. My once fun mobile rogue is now a trashy loot goblin running around the map trying not to get hit and die while cooldowns tick away.

7 Likes

Yeah the build i use now feels really lame, its buggy not working as intended is anybody checked it. …

1 Like

If you mean Twisting Blades, Blizzard says it’s working how they want it to work, so they wanted to take fun out of it.

1 Like

it is still better than everything else even after the nerf. Which means it clearly needed it.