Tried making a Dolmen Stone (Rocknado Druid) build S2

I couldn’t justify making boulder a core skill with absurd 50 spirit cost but with nature’s fury and symbiotic aspect it should be possible to have a high uptime on both boulder and hurricane.

The HC helm is a wishful BiS but I feel as though you could have anything there and the build would work.

Neck is Dolmen Stone and pants are Tibault’s will.

I’m going to play S2, so the first hurdle is to get to level 100 on hardcore.
Farming uber bosses on hardcore will probably be a challenge. So I might not be able to get it unless I go softcore. But the vampiric skills have a couple great defensive powers, so it might be worthwhile in the end.

I hit level 100 recently on hardcore with a boulder druid. Used metamorphic aspect, shepherd’s and stampede. If you put the metamorphic on a 2-hander boulder damage is increased by 240%.
I think your idea of mixing it with storm and symbiotic aspect is a good idea.
I would pump the boulder as much as possible. So metamorphic stone for several boulders at the same time and then taking as much aspects to pump earth damage. That way the Dolmen stone will be the core item of your build.
I would drop aspect of the tempest for that reason.

To start the build I can recommend the unique bear chest and helm. They had a rework and are now better then before.

1 Like

i was thinking the same…the new amulet with symbiotic and natures fury aspect will probably make for a RF build??? i dont know about the damage because both sucked as far as i remember i hope the changes to the damage buckets is enough to make a fun build…also, is this new amulet uber or regular unique??

You’re right. If I mix nature’s fury with the metamorphic aspect, My Hurricane uptime can be pretty much 100%. Then pump earth damage and spirit essence reduction/resource gen because 50 is pretty hefty for boulder.

regular, season 2 has no new uber uniques.

gl, enjoy having boulders push mobs out of your vortex and having colliding issues with walls and etc.

1 Like

i was wondering about that part. will it still knock back? would kill the whole build if it did.

It does just tested

yeah, with tanky elites they get kocked back sometimes in a circle, its kinda annyoing with supressor barriers boulder gets deleted, same with wallers

I’ve made a proper Boulder build.

• Damage is good
  • Decent survivability
  • Looks fun and I can spam a lot of boulders
  • Targeting issue with close elites (boulders spin behind them)
  • Anything that doesn’t die instantly gets pushed back in a circle. In high NMD you have problems killing stuff, because you just push them away.
  • Really annoying build in groups
  • You can’t see much with all those boulders around
  • Quite fun in low level content and on big bosses

Another unique that hasn’t been played by the devs and only been designed on paper.

1 Like