Trickery Malignant Heart Bugged

I’m using a rogue with the Trickery Malignant heart.
When I use a poison trap, the shadow decoy spawns and taunts the enemy, however, the enemies do not respond to the taunt and continue to focus on me. The word taunt appears over the enemy so it just seems to be the effect itself that’s not working at all or perhaps makes them focus on my rogue instead of the shadow decoy.

2 Likes

Definitely correct, see this post and my comment here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/rogue-trickery-malignant-taunt-problem/112888/7

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not entirely unplayable at W3/lv58, but definitely hurting my survivability.

1 Like

It would be nice if blizzard could

a) Acknowledge this widely reported bug affecting quite a lot of players and

b) Tell us an ETA when we can play again.

2 Likes

Since they just released 1.1.1, I assume it’s going to be at least a few days.

1 Like

Despite this being a live service game and despite their being a supposed community manager, neither seem to motivate Team 3 to actually respond to the players directly. This is unfortunate, but it’s the hand we as the customers who have already paid handsomely for this garbage fire have been dealt.

Looks like we’ll have to wait until the next Camp Fire Discussion for them to acknowledge the problem, say they’re going to fix the problem, and/or actually write a patch note saying they’ve fixed it in the next patch.

Then another week after that.

So basically, if you use Subterfuge skills at all as a Rogue, I’d find a different class to play for a month or so.

Or just do what I did and uninstall and go play Baldur’s Gate 3 (or upcoming Starfield).

2 Likes

They usually have been quite fast in releasing hotfixes, like not more than 2 days. The thing that worries me the most is this radio silence on Blizzard’s side. This is not a minor bug, it’s breaking not only a widely used mechanic but also a seasonal one. Isn’t that the point of playing seasonal after all?

3 Likes