Trading Rares for Gold not allowed in D4?

I heard that people got banned because of recieving certain ammounts of Gold, think about 30 Million.

Now my question, if I trade a rare for 30 million gold (or more) can I get banned because of that?

What is the exact threshold in the game for trading gold vs item to not get banned because I can’t find any information ingame or anywhere else.

Thank you in advance

It would be hilarious if Blizzard has a sting operation operating on d2jsp

People are using sites like G2G and D2JSP to buy gold and items from bot farmers.

1 Like

There are no details for what happened. No public thresholds. Just be smart about it. Don’t abuse it. Most likely it was RMT happening trying to look legit.

2 Likes

I would like to trade multiple BIS rares for gold…guess they’re worth more than 30 MIllion Gold, but I’m afraid of geting baned because of that. :frowning:

So my question is how high can I go to trade items for gold.

And why isn’t there a limit in the trade-window if it isn’t allowed to trade certain ammounts of gold? -.-

Would be nice if somone from BLizzard can give us informations here…I just want to play the game with all it’s aspects (And trading is a big part of Diablo for me personaly).

Blizz won’t give that information out. People will just abuse it. Oh, the limit is 1 mil gold? Here, let me trade you 999,999 gold 5 times for your 5 mil gold so we don’t trigger the system.

2 Likes

So why do they allow gold trading if you can get baned for trading certain ammounts…I mean what the hell? :man_shrugging: :person_facepalming:

Or why do they not limit gold trading to the allowed ammount…how should a normal player know how much he can trade without geting banned? -.-

1 Like

Again, given where the trades were happening, it was most likely RMT. If you’re legit, I wouldn’t worry about it.

2 Likes

I doubt just trading past a certain threshold will get you banned. There’s definitely more things they’re accounting for although they obviously won’t go public about it.

3 Likes

It’s pretty clear that Blizzard considers 30 mil gold to be pretty excessive and running into RMT territory.

I saw offers for items on differen trade server that are more than 30 Million, so how will Blizzard differ here between “RMT” and legit trading of “valuable rares vs gold”?

Would be realy nice if Blizzard could clear things up here.

That’s how Blizzard has been dealing with RMT for 2 decades. All they can do is assume that excessively large transactions aren’t legit. They have no real way to tell otherwise.

Ye but 30 Million in Diablo 4 is really not a “larg ammount”…it’s maybe like 5k Gold in WOW, maybe even less.

So I really don’t understand why they don’t limit it if you can get baned prety fast because of the very low gold ammount you’re allowed to trade.

Or simply disabling gold trading till they decide what ammount is “excessive”.

It’s probably safe to trade gold to a close circle of friends. The people that got banned were handing out 30 mil to everyone and their dogs.

3 Likes

THe guy who got banned got 30 Million from his clan mates because he needed gold simply to reroll his stuff…he AND his clan mate got baned.

Rerolling items is super expensive in D4, thats why I want to trade BIS rares on Discord to everyone and theyr dogs, so I can min/max my char to perfection. ^^

But I guess it’s the safest thing to wait here till Blizzard tells us what ammount is allowed. :wink:

Maybe Blizzard is being a bit heavy-handed. They should have just designed the game to discourage botting and RMT. They did a little, but not enough.

As it stands now, credit card warriors can buy a perfect yellow item and imprint a legendary aspect onto it. Blizzard should have seen this coming 100 miles away.

3 Likes

“Why I can’t buy trash item for 30kk? Show me the rule which forbids this”.
Don’t play a fool please.

I understand the restrictions and I’m all for it…I loved trading in Diablo 2 back in the days but D2JSP destroyed D2R in my oppinion and some restrictions are neccessary (even if I’m still pro trading).

But at least some ingame informations would be nice, so people are not afraid geting baned for trading even small gold ammounts like 30 MIllion.

I mean 1 reroll for some of my items is 250k per roll, 30 Million gold are nothing and people go banned for such small ammounts. -.-

1 Like

30 million is easy to farm in T4. You can literally just vendor everything and make 1+ million per dungeon. I doubt Blizz is considering that RMT territory, and if they are then they haven’t even played their own game.

1 Like

Well, that’s the story they posted on the forum. When was the last time you saw someone who was banned admit to what they did??

3 Likes