Town Portal, Fast Travel, Waypoint Crash and my Resolution

I had problems with the game crashing consistently after 1/2 to 2 hours of play whenever I Town Portal, Fast Travel, Waypoint, loading into Dungeon from open world. Crashes would either be:

• Freeze at the loading screen
  • Game Crash with out of memory message
  • Game Crash with no message
  • Windows Blue Screen of Death

My resolution was to enable Windows Page File system, to the Auto setting. This change eliminated Game Crashes
I had previously disabled Page File to reduce writing to my SSD HDD. But apparently Diablo 4 uses no more than 4 Gig of memory, and the rest must be Page File. Maybe there is a command line switch to get around this, but unsure.

In windows to get to Page File: Settings, About, Advanced System Settings, Advanced tab, Advanced tab, virtual memory, Checkbox ‘Auto’. Close out and reboot.

1 Like

i am having the same issue, crash or freeze on teleport completion/start (usually full pc crash and restart).
adjusting page file does apper to improve it (or make it worse if set wrong), but that’s not the whole picture for me. i still get the crashes, just less frequent now. none of my resources are visibly taxed when the crash occurs.

anyone else have more to add to this? i have been digging through fenris logs and for days without success.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.