This is how bad Ubers are - https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-4-uber-unique-datamined-drop-rate/

Bro, 1/7000 chance? Are you kidding me?

In a game where we start over every 3-4 months. What the hell is the point then ?

9 Likes

If your ultimate goal is to have every single Uber Unique in the game, you’re playing on the wrong server. Eternal Realm would be better for you I feel.

10 Likes

To make you waste your time. To make you farm endlessly and call it content.

But more importantly, it is to make you believe that ubers matter in a game were 100% of content can be completed with garbage legendaries.

Sounds like you took the bait.

14 Likes

Is that a 1/7000 that a unique will be an uber, or 1/7000 that a drop can be an uber?

Does it matter lol? Either way is horrendous. Granted one is significantly worse than the other but both still make them pretty well unobtainable.

1 Like

its refering to outside of duriel drops. what did you expect. to have them rain down on you in the open world?

go check how much stuff you killed in s2. thats not a bad droprate.

4 Likes

I believe it’s per unique. Looking at the numbers the standard weight a regular unique is 800,000. Where as the drop weight of any uber is a mere 1,350.

Source:
https://lothrik.github.io/diablo4-build-calc/database/

Not sure on the exact math though – you might have to sum all the weights and divide, but regardless, the ratio is … uber.

1 Like

It does matter. Uber Uniques were never added to be an item everyone gets. They were never intended to be expected to make a build work. If you are using builds that require them, that’s a you problem. Stop expecting rare stuff and play in the hopes to get one, and if you do, switch your build then.

5 Likes

They were pretty much required for AoZ. Hard to tell if they will be needed for Gauntlet, though the top Streamers already have several by now anyway not to mention all the people who duped.

But that’s not the point at all. The point is it is entirely absurd to have items so exceedingly rare just to encourage an already awful “endgame” loop (farming Duriel)

And don’t even bring up Eternal as a counterpoint because it literally doesn’t matter - the game is designed and balanced around the seasonal content so what happens in Eternal is whatever;

Blizzard wants people getting excited for new seasons and new shines. And you know what the best way to kill that enthusiasm is?

This nonsense. Making Duriel the only focus once you hit 100 and blowing hours upon hours chasing something you realistically may never see for the duration of the season.

Because screw having fun I guess.

3 Likes

“one in almost 10 million chance to see a Harlequin Crest (AKA “Shako”) to a 1 in almost 7,000 chance”

Where does the 1 in 10 mil figure come from? That would require some huge sample size to figure out. Is it extrapolated from ordinary unique drops?

Obviously 1/7000 comes from the above divided by 1350.

The important question are: which monsters can drop? Is it every mob or just elites? Does monster level matter?

7000 elites isn’t that much as long as you don’t expect to find an uber. But it will happen to you at some point (not necessarily in a single season).

I was in AoZ with no ubers. When I did finally get one, it helped push a few more levels, but it wasn’t required. The upcoming Gauntlet isn’t going to be higher levels than NMD’s, so if the content doesn’t require them, why are you making a fuss?

2 Likes

nah, i got 4 ubers last, 1 stone, 1 grandfather, 1 doombringer, 1 selig

just grind and stop complaining

This is not about Duriel drops.

its about uber drops or is the title clickbait?

When you have a game that allows for them to increase a drop rate by 1000x, it’s pretty clear the rate is stupidily low. This is just another reason why this game is horrible and sucks.

2 Likes

Many players define required as what is needed to get the hardest version of it done. It’s black and white to a lot of them – there is no middle ground.

The game is either lit or dead.
They are either elite or they suck.
If anything is unfun, the whole game is unfun.
If any part of the game doesn’t appeal to them, none of the game appeals to them.

Your middle of the road reasonable expectations is not what they’re looking for.

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter
Once expansion comes out they will become obsolete

They need uber drops to actually be rarer.

Why would they be obsolete? Once expansion arrives, the Ubers will just get new ilvl to match the new highest.

Guess what? They’ve already done that in updating them to 925. 925 wasn’t always the highest ilvl…

They may not get a new item level.

I think what that poster was trying to say is they will be obsolete because new items will most likely be coming out….dare i even say the “sets” word.