This Game Isn't Ready for Release

I already updated everything with zero solution. What now genius?

Enjoy the refund (due to no fault of Blizzard) :smiling_face_with_tear:

The problem with developing for PC is there are so many configurations they have to take into account. Most do not have the same issues as you. It could be the hardware, could be the software, could be outdated drivers, could be a bios, could be something you have installed running in the background (i.e. Ge force experience)

What are your system specs (everything, down to the HDD and SSD) and your OS + OS version?

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700KF 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Zotac GAMING Trinity OC GeForce RTX 3080 10GB LHR 10 GB Video Card (Driver Version 531.79)
Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit
Case Fan: Corsair LL120 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack
Monitor: Alienware AW3423DWF 34.2" 3440 x 1440 165 Hz Curved Monitor
Keyboard: Razer Huntsman Elite RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Razer Naga V2 Pro Bluetooth/Wireless/Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Razer BlackShark V2 Pro Headset
Webcam: Elgato Facecam Premium Webcam

Windows 11
Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621

I also have a Stream Deck and Wave XLR both by Elgato.

Your system is more than capable. It could be something simple just never noticed it because it doesn’t happen on other games.

I know they have it where D4 works with Windows 11 Direct Storage. Maybe D4 is having a hang up there when loading.

I know you said you have tried reinstalling multiple times? Are you reinstalling on the same drive every time or have you tried different drives? And all those drives are admin accessible?

I would recommend looking for crash logs Collecting Crash Logs for Troubleshooting

and watching your preferred resource manager (i.e. task manager), and make sure you are not getting any memory leaks, over heating, high cpu usage.

Then report it to Blizzard Support - Contact Support asap so maybe they can help you before the weekend is over or so they can look into it before full release.

Yep ok, risking driver compatibility issues…

This is a mid 2021 motherboard, windows updates + windows 11 could very well be affecting drivers.

Are you trying to show off your rig? Are you a daddy’s child or something? Just learn the basics on good PC health and take advice when its given to you.
I’ve fixed Officer’s computers in the Army for a living for 7 years, so I’d appreciate it if you’d act like an adult and admit your not sure what you’re doing.

If you just simply ask for advice, like a normal person, I’d give you good and experienced information for free, accept you choose to take some kind of imaginary high platform.

This sounds nothing like hardware or performance. I was getting on the bnet screen many times ‘Loading account info’ or something like it was checking if you have the preorder but it cleared. Could be server or busy hour that prevented some ‘license check’ from running correctly.

Could previous deleting/moving folders/ other location install may have done something.

Maybe reinstalling bnet app. Or the Diablo 4 server slam entirely reinstall and firstly uninstall then delete everything even Diablo 4 folder in Documents

I had the Diablo IV Beta folder, updated 25GB to Server slam, it still called Diablo IV Beta.

Btw wait, did you not select Diablo Server Slam on bnet app ‘Game version’ and not Retail? Otherwise it would be weird to the game to think it is trying retail.

I hit the log-in button ready to dominate on my Druid.

this was your first mistake. :slight_smile:

There’s literally someone right above my post asking for PC specs which I provided. You seem to be very upset about God know what. You should talk to someone. That kind of attitude is very unhealthy.

I’ll just let that one sit there.

So, I reset Windows which is as far as I’m going because I have too much stuff on my pc that would be a pita to reacquire. I reinstalled Battle.net and the beta and was able to get into the game for about an hour before it froze and upon trying to restart I get to the Diablo IV screen and the game freezes with the above-mentioned error. By the way, my folder says beta and server slam but in the task manager, it’s labeled as Diablo IV Retail and yes, I’m choosing Server Slam.

I wanted to see if Blizzard made any changes that improved the class. Still felt terrible.

1 Like

11? With an automatic driver update program I bet included…

You don’t learn or read going by the history of this thread.

This is insane and dangerous advice and were you a competent end user you would realise this. Please don’t spout daft things like this on a public forum where those that don’t know any better may actually listen.

1 Like

I’m a mad scientist secretly :disguised_face:

If you don’t like me that’s fine, I’m correctly assuming that you are because if you were someone of merit you would of why it’s “crazy” to do so (which there isn’t but…I’m open minded to new discoveries, if explained properly and cited).

You’re advising strangers on the internet to disable automatic updates and patches on their machine - If I need to explain and cite why that is a very stupid thing to do then I feel the explanations would be lost on you.

Google is a thing, use it.

1 Like

Somethings off… I feel like another software is interferring with battlenet launcher.

If people are afraid of getting hacked they should take the necessary precautions and speaking of google their are plenty of businesses that sell apps with a quick search to help provide round the clock protection vs such things.

However, if your priority is to have your motherboard and bios work as intended, generally the best place to start is from the 1st layer, reinstall the OS and follow guides on how to make sure Windows does not automatically install generic drivers.
Also later Windows of version 10, especially Windows 11, don’t care in the slightest to make older hardware optimal, so it will take good manufacturer’s to make older hardware fully compatible, which sometimes does not happen and that is generally a common case with people who do incur “unresolvable problems”.

I really don’t get though why you would come to thread and say what you just did. You must be a keen updater and a full supporter of Microsoft, either way this has been a waste of time.

Why are you talking so corny? You seem mentally unstable. Seek out some help!

Dude you are talking so corny. What the hell is wrong with you?

I generally go with the flow and I’m not afraid to mix up my lingo, it’s called something…character.

If you feel good sounding like a regular joe that’s great, good job.

Also, did you have anything to add to this topic?

Wow your attitude is really pathetic. You talk with such a big mouth, yet is all you do in here giving people dangerous advice and such. It feels to me like you want to flex with your knowledge. But you just being rude towards this guy who was struggeling with some issue. Show some respect to him, you are so wrong for this