This game is a Masterpiece

Don’t speak too soon. Wait for the 6th June when 90% of players who bought the game actually log on and then we can talk about stability! but yeah game is better than initially thought from the beta and videos.

Idk what’s going on with strongholds though. They are either bugged or currently incomplete. I thought that when they were liberated they turned into towns, get vendors and wps etc. I’ve done about 5 of them now and nothing happens. You get the renown but that’s it. Mobs still spawn there too

Game plays fantastic, best control response, I was worried it being online.

My only complaint is the autoscaling … I guess at endgame that wont be an issue.

Music is Oscar worthy , graphics are 4 k 140 FPS baby

1 Like

Op, common let’s get serious. You’re in the honeymoon stage at this moment. In reality yes the game is fun, solid 8/10. Still has a tonne of potential to be way better in terms of build/skill design aka gameplay. D3 even has more content than this game. Poe is still the king of ARPG as it has unmatched content.

I did not know about the auto scaling as well. I figured I explore a bit and smash thru story mode later. But notice that dungeons etc seems to be scaling with me. So will probably go straight into campaign again :slight_smile:

Apart from some very mild rubber banding traversing to new areas, the game is running pretty much perfectly for me. Absolutely nailed it, D4 devs, you have made a masterpiece for sure. I go back to launch of D1 and have loved hundreds or thousands of hours on every Diablo PC game (I am excluding Immortal because that’s not a game, it’s a fleecing machine) - I even loved D3 in the end and it’s still one of my most played games. But D4 is the jewel in the crown. They’re all different, and all have their pros and cons, but for me personally, D4 is just a stunning achievement. Thanks :slight_smile:

It plays well. Very fluid. Combate feels awesome. Popping sound when I blow up a big group is great to. Just feel this one might get stale quick without a good showing in S1.

It’s probably the second game in history I would give a 100/100 score. Masterpiece is the correct work OP. Well done Blizzard.

Two days of playing and I’ve experienced none of this.

Sarcasm tag missing.

1 Like

Glad you’re enjoying the game…

I wish I could say the same thing…

• Unable to get past 1 campaign quest in A3 coz the game freezes then crashes when initiating dialog
  • Unable to unlock a dungeon with the Aspect I want for my build coz I didn’t pick up the “optional” side quest while doing the campaign quest there
  • Now I’m locked out of that character entirely (can’t start a game at all with her) after completing another dungeon for the Aspect I wanted for my build

Not a great launch for me :frowning:

cough real money auction house cough

The game is almost a masterpiece. What’s holding it back is the single music track per zone that loops for hours and every dungeon sharing the same single music track that also loops for hours. I’m already tired of the music in Fractured Peaks. It’s been about 15 hours now.

Yup this launch have been nothing short of fantastic. I’m finding new details all the time. They have done a stellar job.

As for only one music track in Fractured peaks? I have heard at least three distinctly different so far. In fractured peaks. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Truly the best Blizzard launch in terms of stability and fun! From the first few minutes I had no problems related to lag, crashes or disconnections. Now throw the paladin at once! kkkk :heart_eyes: :grinning: :smiley:

Yes. And I’ve never experienced a more flawless launch either. Well done!

1 Like

Just finished the campaign and without spoiling anything, awesome job, this is what I expect out of a Diablo game.

2 Likes

Props where it is absolutely due had only one disconnect earlier.

If you have not done it yet, listen to the extra text on the NPCs. It gives a lot of background and context. Adds to the whole game experience.

Then if you hover over various items you run across, like pictures on the wall, rocks with runes, etc - many have whole lore bits attached.

For the side quests, some open repeat interactions and little stories with an NPC. Like one in Act 1 where you keep bringing him things you find and he keeps telling you more about his story.

The amount of detail in the game, the thought that went into every single little thing - is astounding to me.

I was already going to take my time, now I am taking even more time.

1 Like

Oh yes, I’m definitely not a dialogue skipper. And his game is a treasure trove of things big and small to engage with.

1 Like

Im honestly having a great time with this game, replying to forum comments in between loading screens. I’ve encountered bugs and the game freezing but still having fun The games story is what i wanted D3 to be but that was a disaster. Couples things i feel like the game can do like the potions to me still look very D3, they dont hqve to be massive like it is, seems so out of place, even the sound is odd to me. Wish i could add my spells on my character, especially when an items gives me skills adding to what i csn do but i cant use the, unless i trade one for the other. Also the capability of zooming out more and map overlay would be a welcome addition. Shoot add map overlay as a reward for beating tier two. Once beaten all characters have that accessibility. The monster level scaling i feel like can brought down a notch, still have it but make us at least feel like we are getting stronger. Make the monster like .25 levels lower per level or something. Other than that i feel like this is what D3 was supposed to be and love it so far.