"This Game Cannot Be Played Yet."

My understanding is that the game opened for us non-ultimate plebians on June 5th 4pm PST, but now its June 6th 10am and the play button is still grayed out for me. When I hover it says “This Game Cannot Be Played Yet.”

I’ve seen other topics from a few days ago, people with the ultimate edition not being able to play. But I just got the standard edition and waited til today to play, but I still can’t.

Anyone else have this issue and figure out how to fix it? I’ve restarted bnet a bunch of times, uninstalled/reinstalled, did a scan and repair, updated my drivers. But it seems like it’s still treating the game like it hasn’t released yet and not letting me click play.

1 Like

Did you reboot? The agent running in the background doesn’t close when you close Bnet.

Yeah I restarted the PC entirely. I uninstalled the game, shut down the PC, restarted the PC and was still presented with “Pre-Install”.

After I reinstalled again, it still says “This game cannot be played yet.” and says Expected release date: 06/06/2023

There is a bunch of other people with this problem. Could you help us?

I even made a ticket to support, no answer after 20hs.
Ticket Number: US92220063

Thanks !

I have the same problem as well. Bought the deluxe version yesterday and now the button is greyed out. The game doesn’t even show up in my transaction history…

Edit: Okay so it turns out I bought with Paypal yesterday. But then they secretly refunded me this morning… So I had to re-buy the game and it is working now.

Unfortunately, I have no access to the payment system or your ticket, as I am a volunteer. It is likely a suspended or failed payment if the button is still gray.

@Nicole

If the payment is suspended or failed, I should not have had money debited from my account or received a purchase confirmation from Blizzard (Your Order From Battle.net - #838020419 - Placed on Jun 05 2023)

You are the first reply in +48hs. Isn’t there anyway you could escalate the problem to the payment team?

Thanks anyway.

2 Likes

yeah my ones still sayin’ it is not available… tried all the fixes. close client. reinstall client. restart pc. change area. nothing. im picking its a blizzard problem. pretty sure i remember d3 being the same.

Again, I am not an employee of Blizzard.

You’ll need to wait for them to answer your ticket.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.