Things I was really hoping for in this PTR/Patch

They REALLY wanna push people into being a wolf or bear and I’m getting kinda sick of it, personally. D2 druid’s best spec was Wind and I REALLY REALLY miss that playstyle. These would absolutely make me happy and I’d be spending money on the store as a result probably. :smiley:

Stormfront Aspect

• For each Storm skill applied to your hotbar, your Storm skills gain 5% damage and 3% spirit cost reduction.

Glyph - Human:

Former: * At level 1 the Human Glyph provides the following Bonus:

• For every 5 Willpower purchased within range, you deal +1.3% increased damage while in Human form.
  • Reaching 40 Willpower on allocated Paragon Nodes within its radius provides the following Additional Bonus:
  • You gain 10% Damage Reduction while in Human form.

Current: * At level 1 the Human Glyph provides the following Bonus:

• For every 5 Willpower purchased within range, you deal +2% increased damage while in Human form.
  • Reaching 40 Willpower on allocated Paragon Nodes within its radius provides the following Additional Bonus:
  • You gain 15% Damage Reduction while in Human form and Spirit regenerates at 5 per second.

Supercell Aspect

• Hurricane has a 25% chance to spawn a Tornado when damaging an enemy

Lasting Winds Aspect

• Hurricane’s damage is increased by 200% and is now a toggle, but drains Spirit at a rate of 10 per second.

Eddy Current Aspect

• Tornadoes now cause Lightning to strike nearby enemies for X

Just ONE of these things would make being a Wind druid so much more fun than it is now.

I’m sorry I just don’t want to be a wolf while throwing tornadoes.

Options, please Blizzard. Options.

I don’t mind being a Human Druid. Blizzard just seem to add tons of bonuses when NOT in Human form. Whiles there’s very little interactions for staying in Human form.

1 Like

That’s precisely the point. I want to stay human.

We are basically punished for being one and trying to be a caster Druid.

I wish the Tempest Roar helm didn’t force you into Werewolf form for its benefits.

I wouldn’t mind if WereWolf wasn’t so ugly lol, and its been bugged since last Summer you can’t change it’s color anymore.

1 Like

Clarity gets a nice rework: “After casting a companion skill, your next core or wrath skill’s damage and critical strike chance are increased by 5%, up to 15%.”

There are also several changes to improve resource generation.
Shepherd’s was already good and will now boost also wrath.

If you want more defense, then look at the two aspects with +8% Dodge (assimilation and crowded sage). When combined you have probably 20% Dodge and get fortified and life in return. They are both without shapeshifting requirements.

Its still difficult to oversee cause there are also itemchanges, but there will be more possible.

D4’s druids have their identity built around forms.

I kinda get it. Its like… hey cool! A werewolf casting tornadoes; or a bear with boulders flying around it. Instead of pushing the same old caster look.

But the option for that “classic” human look/feel should be there with little to no detriment to the player. Its like trying to make a better hammer. Make it out of iron, make it out of stars wars carbonite: at the end of the day its still a hammer.

So i would love to see some “windy” caster stuff. Your suggestions sound interesting. Not sure about EDDY though. Sound like a core skill version of cataclysm.

windshear
----Needs to have a spread/ multi-effect so it can hit more targets.
----The aspects for windshear probably should just be apart of the skill tree already.
----Can we change its animation. Looks like I am throwing white water balloons.
----perhaps we could get an item like crone staff but that works with windshear

tornado
----disclaimer: S4 has not been tested and this may already be something they are looking at (So Barbs are getting a dust devil viable build that works and feels a lot like druids tornadoes. So if their dust devils AI is better than our tornadoes…shame on you blizzard.)

cyclone armor
This skill has been relatively untouched since launch. Wonder why? Because its weak/awkward. You made the hurricane boulder synergy lets take another innovative step. “noxious cyclone” think about it.

ravens
I know this is not “wind” but hear me out. Avian Fever/(fervor): tornadoes passing through enhanced ravens. Could be something there casting tornadoes on that spot buffing the damage or causing some poisoning synergy as they chase mobs all over the place.
Hurricane and cataclysm are in good shape. (kudos gj)…but, Perfect Storm. Is a perfect mess. 1 spirit! FOR REAL! ONE is the loneliest number I ever saw. The damage could be buffed a little too. It just doesn’t hold up next to the other key passives in that regard.

1 Like

kinda agree that caster druid doesnt get the love it deserves.

1 Like

Not only that, they want us to spend $40 on these damn cosmetics, but our characters don’t even see them because we’re always a BEAR.

1 Like

true , if anything druids needs to make forms optional (permaforms at least) , changing for 1 attack is ok , but being an animal all the time gets boring…

same thing for wow druids for years , now at least have tons of forms to choose from and color variations of those.

still sucks not being able to enjoy your char , the cool armor and whatnot.

1 Like

you ‘get’ me.

i love u for it

1 Like

:smiley: isnt just me , options options options , something blizz doesnt add until its too late

for unknow reasons…they are slow on cosmetic options that should be there day 1, its 2024…tho we learned something from all this years.

( im still waiting for upright undeads on wow… maybe someday )

1 Like

Yea, the undead thing needs to happen.

Agreed.

I’d also like there to be more ginger options for humans.

game shipped with 4 faces…we will get more eventually but ugh for a big (costly) game like diablo feels like nothing.

Would love to see Shouts for Druid release Tornados, similar to the Barb dust devil one. Cyclone armor should have an upgrade where getting hit causes a lightning bolt to drop.

Wish hurricane would get a damage upgrade, there’s an aspect to have its damage ramp that seems pointless.

I also think that ravens feel like they thematically match with wind builds, and they are in a desperate need of a unique item or an aspect, so:

I think a cool unique item idea for ravens similar to what you suggest would be something like “tornadoes that contact/enter raven active zone for the first time are recast (reset their “duration”, as well as have 20% chance to become two tornadoes according to “enhanced tornado”) and are also swarmed by ravens”. The tornadoes would essentially become moving raven actives with smaller area of effect that includes both tornado and raven damage, have the raven critical rate boost and naturally look like tornadoes swarmed by ravens.

Currently having storm chaser aspect on an amulet or a two-handed weapon (150% & 200% aspect effect boost) is useless because tornadoes expire before they benefit from extra tracking above 3. An increase to duration would synergize with that. Additionally, if they were to change the raven vulnerable upgrade to not be tied to the skill activation but just apply vulnerable to anything damaged by the raven active, then tornadoes could also apply reliable vulnerable this way with the unique item.

I admit that it could be a bit too strong buff for tornado build like this, but just from conceptual standpoint I think it would be cool.

funny thing is I have a human form lighting druid right now and it kills everything and I don’t use a single wolf or bear skill

Yes, but there are bonuses in wolf, when you wear TR that would increase lightning when they become wolf skill. I think that’s what’s limiting the human form atm, not to mention the raw +wolf which in turn increases core LS or Tornado if you’re running these.

I myself am hoping for an improvement in the companion builds, they need some love. Hoping that someday, wolf companions cast dancing bolts when biting/attacking enemies.

yeah “human form” doesnt provide anything , and it should at least for nature spells or something

maybe some passives that “while no form” , because there is ton of bonuses to while in bear / wolf , after shapeshift / leaving shapeshift…

plust gear that make forms perma (gaining bonuses all the time)

1 Like

Precisely.

The “Human” glyph needs a massive buff and there needs to be uniques/aspects that benefit you in human form.

This is honestly why I am not playing much anymore…there are not options for endgame in regards to builds.

I just really want the option to build a pure human (Zeus) lightning storm Druid but it’s just never going to be optimal at this rate.