There was an error. (Code 316719)

I am still stuck on the character selection screen, still getting error 316719 even after a ‘restart’

I’ve been trolling reddit and streams and such. People are for sure getting back in post log. What they would need to do is refresh our sessions to get rid of the hang error, and that is almost never going to happen. I knew I should’ve relogged from the start.

2 Likes

Then looks like they are going to have to force logout server side, and that could take hours. Again, I hope they learned this from d2r.

Thanks to all heroes that restarted the game, went through queue, still got the error and report it here for saving the rest of us from wasting even more of our time <3

1 Like

Can someone @Blizzard just tell us if it’s valid to wait at character screen when we get this error, or if we need to log out and queue up? PLEASE! @Zuvykree

My steps were this:

1. Played 5 minutes
  2. got network disconnected message
  3. landed on character select screen
  4. had a few different error codes, then code 316719 repeated every time
  5. found the forums and checked on twitch to see if everyone had the same (Quin did, and Others were in que)
  6. Saw all the streamers get in
  7. clicked button, got the same error
  8. waited 2 minutes, clicked again, same error
  9. saw one random small streamer get straight in from a restart (No que)
  10. I restarted, then got 115 minute que

YMMV - Bliz should offer instructions, for what we can do to help them fix it. It’s a bad user experience for the customers to guess what they are supposed to do.

4 Likes

Friend and I both disconnected at the same time and received this error. I stayed connected and continued to try to start game from character select with no luck. Friend decided to relog and after an hour queue is now able to play again. I’ve restarted and am sitting in a hour and a half queue ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Pretty much the same exact thing happened to me, I was able to kill the first ‘boss’ then DC’d, got the black screen with a couple of other weird errors, now the 316719 error non stop. From what I’ve gathered relogging hasn’t helped anyone. Otherwise I had a great time while I played

2 Likes

same with me and boyfriend. got DC’d and we both continued to reconnect from character screen. he got back in while i did not.

1 Like

Look above, guy explains friend who relogged and are now playing with no error, I assume those [(There was an error. (Code 316719) - #69 by Cren-1982 - PC Technical Support - Diablo IV Forums)\ who are still getting the same error are still hung up server side. In watching forums and everything, I’m seeing more people getting in post error than still getting it, and haven’t heard of anyone able to play who didin’t relog post this error. I would not wait if I was you, but that is totally your call.

Copying here what I said in the other thread:

I will also let you guys know when I finish the queue whether I get the error or can play. In 118 mins* (hopefully less).

*112 mins left now… yay

Restarted 133 minute queue now. Have so far not managed to get in at all. Fingers crossed!

My friend joined the login queue an hour ago and is currently playing, I was still getting 316917 so I’ve also joined the queue. It is going down faster than the listed time, so it won’t actually take you 1.5h of waiting.

1 Like

When I got disconnected after several minutes of playtime I found out another problem. When the queue time is over you will get disconnected immediately and it will say something like “logging time attempt is over” and you will go back from the beginning. It happen to me after 30 min. waiting and now it is another 120 min. I hope that tomorrow will be better so i can try the game. Otherwise it was fun 10 min. of playing the game. I like it so far :slight_smile:

I can confirm that my current que is about 10 minutes faster than the timer I set on my phone.

I restarted client when I got this error - after 1h30m queue I was able to get back in for what its worth.

Yes, so far I’ve confirmed that in 10 mins nearly went down twice as fast.

Also, exactly 20 minutes ago, I posted with 112 mins in queue and I’m at 70 mins in queue.

1 Like

Can confirm. Restarting actually worked!

6 Likes

I’m also in after restarting and waiting through the que

4 Likes

I am back in without issues. Finished the queue in like half the time!

1 Like