Theorycrafting Questions for Sorc

So, I am been scouring forums for answers to these questions but sadly haven’t found anything.

> Stable Aspect

While is not active, your Shock Skills have a [7-12%] chance to trigger a free cast from it.

So this procs when I use my basic attack (shock) but would attack speed bump this proc up? So for example I have 100% increased attack speed, would the proc chances double then? since you are basically using a shock skill and doubling attack speed will double the uses as well?

> Supreme Unstable Currents

While [Unstable Currents] is active, Crackling Energy continually pulses and consumes no charges.

So, if Crackling Energy Pulses continuously and you get stacks, does this count as picking it up and getting the stacks?

Therefore, does Lightning Spear Enchantment work with this one?

Lightning Spear Enchantment - Absorbing Crackling Energy has a 10% chance to conjure Lightning Spear

How bout?

Invigorating Conduit - Upon absorbing Crackling Energy, you gain 4 Mana.
Charged Glyph - Picking up Crackling Energy grants you 5%[x] increased damage for 5 seconds, up to 15%[x]
Ceaseless Conduit - Crackling Energy has a 25% chance to not consume a Charge when triggered. Crackling Energy’s damage is increased by 2%[x] per 20 total Intelligence you have. (Current Bonus: 36%[x]) - Does this increase damage for CE when you are in UC?

More to come. Thanks in advance

Re: Stable aspect yes. spamming arc lash will satisfy this requirement.

Re: Supreme Unstable, yes to the entire list.

Not asked but more important, all of these avenues are the least powerful end states of the puzzle. The puzzle is driven by multiplications against each other. Good luck!

Uh I don’t think Supreme Unstable Currents gives you phantom Crackling Energy pickups.

The pulses will trigger Overflowing Energy and any other effect that happens on Crackling Energy hits, but it shouldn’t proc Lightning Spear Enchant or Invigorating Conduit, for example.

1 Like

Replying to OP:

Yes, doubling your attack speed will naturally double the proc rate of Stable Aspect. That said, it’s a very underwhelming Aspect and you can do better. IMO it isn’t unreasonable to use it while leveling, but you will want to replace it in endgame.

To my knowledge any effect requiring you to “pick up” or “absorb” crackling energy requires you to actually pick up orbs off the ground, so Supreme Unstable Currents won’t help you here. OTOH, any effect that increases the damage of crackling energy or is procced on crackling energy hitting something will certainly work with the effect from Supreme Unstable Currents.

1 Like

First commenter says otherwise. I am not sure anymore lol. Not saying you are wrong but just curious, The arc lash build that people use has Lightning Spear enchantment on their build. People really go out of their way to pick up orbs that has a 1/10 chance to conjure lightning spear?

Also, you said underwhelming, Stable aspect on a 2h is 24%, 100% attack speed meaning you are attacking twice as fast bumps it to 48%. Thats like every 2 basic attacks I get a free shock spell. That’s a lot! You basically have a mini UC up at all times. Not to mention that what if you get Lightning spear? That lasts 6 secs at base.

I don’t mean to discourage your experimentation. Try it and see!

At the end of the day what I personally found is that for many reasons, Stable simply could not compete with damage multiplying Aspects like Conceited, and that goes double if you’re putting it on a staff (ha, see what I did there?).

TBH I had similar thoughts to you about both the LS enchantment and Stable Aspect before I tried out both with my CL build in S2. The enchantment is better than it sounds if you build and play it right. And Stable wasn’t as cool as I wanted it to be. But hey, you may have different results with a different approach than I took.

1 Like

> Stable Aspect
More attack speed helps, but this Legendary aspect is bad because it does not generate a full cast of Unstable Ligtning. It just randomly throw maybe a chain lightning which you didn’t level up and the trigger chance is low. This aspect need seriously buff to be viable.

upreme Unstable Currents
It does not work like this, just the crackling energy you already picked up will not disappear when it pulse. You still need to manually walk around to pickup them and it does not help generate lightning spear., this passive only used by players who wants the crackling energy to reduce their skill cooldown like in AOZ. It is rarely use this season as flicker step or Hectic Aspect works better. Lightning spear enchantment is not good the trigger chance is low and you need to walk around pickup cracking energy which itself is bad mechanic. Most time you get to pickup a lot of crackling energy when all monster already dead, so is not useful. You can get more Lightning spear spawn by increase your attack speed and uptime of Unstable Current.

Invigorating Conduit - Same, you need to walk around to collect crackling energy which is meh.
Charged Glyph - everyone use it if they have some lightning build inside
Ceaseless Conduit -No idea what cracking energy damage does, it likes none existent. Bad

Sorry I misread the question on unstable currents. You must still pickup. GatheringDrk answer is correct.

To your most recent post, I think it’s a matter of play preferences.

Free attack speeds (good!) versus say something like 50% faster attack speed (also good!). Mostly preference today because either will handle all NMD 100 content just fine.

1 Like