The pit is harder ? season 5

We just did a bunch of T3 hordes and wanted to try a pit and started at 31. Normally at lvl 100, that was easy. But we could not kill boss. o.O died and died. Same with nmd lvl100. It was easy last season but now the boss would one shot us and it was very hard. So are we just not as powerful as last season or did they buff the bosses ?

NM 100 (not monsters level 100) is pretty much easy mode now if compared to S0 to S2.

So even if they made them harder from S4 to S5, it shouldn’t be a problem if you are used to the old NM 100s and the bad CC effects.

well Its mostly the boss that seems waay stronger. The mobs die easy. well I rater be able to do them fast as its pretty boring to level gylphs by now. so I found it great i could run them very fast. Yes I recall the bad CC, and the main reason i never like nmds that much. stuff on floor. way to much. Loving hordes this season.

There’s a new boss in NMD that has an attack that can one-shot you, at least did it to me before I have 12/12 gears. As for the Pit bosses, I’ve noticed they have more health compared to Season 4. I thought they mentioned nerfing all boss health. My highest clear last season was Pit 136, and my damage this season is way higher, but it’s taking me longer to kill the boss.

I think some of the bosses might be bugged. Get one shot on a nightmare 83 by a boss, but face same boss in a nightmare 84 and run him over. Had this occur a few times.

ok thx. will try when mastergambled and see. :slight_smile:

That’s the the confusing part about Season 5 notes. From what I read the boss hp got nerfed but people are saying bosses are easier in Season 4.

Something doesn’t add up.

One boss that I found to have more HP and one that takes me longest the most is that Bishop boss.

The reason why you are now having trouble Blizzard decided to add the uber boss debuff mechanic to the pit bosses

If you get hit once you get a debuff you get hit a 2nd time you get 2 stacks 3rd hit will kill you.

Every single move that the red summon bosses do will give you a debuff

2 Likes

There’s no debuff back in S4? I skipped that season btw well I played the last two days in prep for S5

ah yes that could also be that as we just suddenly all died. I just wondered since i also did read the boss hp was reduced and should then be easier. but it was much harder than expected. compared to being lvl 100 last season.

Welcome to The Blizzard Critical Hits system :wink:
they really like bully players with this.

Not adding to the fun at all. we had to run way lower nmds to not spend boring amount of time at end boss and hence degrade the speedrun too much. Last season I could do lvl 100 nmds very fast and it felt great to lvl gylphs. Now its back to s1 ish speed/hardness but I guess some will like it as its more demanding. "Critical Hits system " is that what others call debuff ? The mech where you stack boss hits and then get one shot in the end ?

So how the hell do you avoid this? There must be a way. Others are posting they are having great success. How do you avoid those ( really really cheap Blizzard) debuffs? I now have no way to progress in the game. I can’t do tier 7 hordes without playing absolutely perfectly so I can’t access the last tier of masterworking. Is this what you have in mind Blizzard? Cause there is no one playing your game now. Helltides are empty for me and no one in my clan is playing either

1 Like

That sounds dumb. Wrong genre gor these daft ideas.

Yep i’m getting one shotted by Pit bosses as well on 101. I run through the pits no problems with uber uniques and then get 1 shotted by bosses at the end. Its REALLY not fun at all, either that or they are trying to push you towards Infernal Compasses…

1 Like

All the pit boss mechanics are by far the most counter intuitive thing i have ever seen. The NM dungeons are getting worse every season. This game is getting less and less enjoyable every season. Please stop adding new things and changing every little thing every few weeks. Your casual gamers who aren’t your hardcore 23 hour a day YouTubers are not having fun.
Just an for example i had a pit last night, and he just randomly died after killing the boss, just walking around picking up loot. Nothing left on the screen, the boss had been dead, and i guess he went into cardiac arrest, because there is no other explanation as to what killed him.

Fix the game, because there are many of us with one foot already out the door. PoE2 is coming, and if you keep making this game less and less enjoyable… well there is a nice replacement coming.

1 Like

I have done two Pit runs this season. I did a 101 to see how it was compared to last season and then I tried a 135. I got the endboss in the 135 and started to fall asleep due to the boss having so much health. I left.

Thank you for Infernal Horde dropping crafting mats because the endboss of a Pit run should have their health reduced by over 80%.

1 Like

Pit is literally useless for Season 5. It’s so frustrating running through to Boss in like 2-3 min only to just get invisibly one shot 5 times in a row and get nothing for my efforts. I like having Pit as an alternative to the Hordes to change up gameplay every so often but the rewards imbalance and Pit boss difficulty is just ridiculous. I’m kinda surprised they haven’t addressed this in a patch yet. Perhaps they want to force Hordes over Pit for this season

Its basically the reason i left the game in S5 , tried Eternal , saw it … dont even tried to do a new seasonal character . I saw enough .
From 1.4.3 having plenty of fun … to this , even worse than 1.4.0 … well . I cant be arsed . Only God knows what they want by doing farming bosses so hugely long with plenty of oneshoots but seeing they want us to play in groups i maybe start to understand it …
Good bucks i saved from the expansion for another game i really would enjoy .