The Pit is comically overtuned

I don’t mind the challenge of the Pit, I really like that there is some difficult content in the game. But my GOD, the Pit is slog. If you are going to require that we play frame perfect, dodging every projectile, then at least make the radius of the abilities match what they are broadcasted as. The shadow mortar ability is ALWAYS wider than the radius of the telegraphed circle. If we gotta be the sweaty gamer gif to clear these things make the animations match what they telegraph.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this as well. I’ll be standing in between circles, and just get one-shot when they go off. It’s not like it was a last second dodge into a safe space between them either, I was pretty much there the second they spawned.

What I’ve found works well is if you run away from him when he spawns the circles spread out more. But that one ability is very annoying when they are grouped. I can take a hit from one but the knock back then knocks me into the next one and I die. They definitely need to adjust the hit of a bit better.

1 Like

It’s like we’re playing Gradius. Fight a boss in a small room with bullet hell anything 1 hit kill.

1 Like

It’s content meant to be cheesed. Just don’t play a fair build, go with Barbarian or Sorc, they are invincible.
Imho the pit is fun at the beginning but the scaling gets out of whack real fast.

100% overtuned to hell. Especially elite affixes and pit boss shadows… Totally insane. I’ve min maxed and focused on health, and it means nothing.

Then I watch an undergeared, crappy barb tank through 10 hits of lilith sillhouettes without healing. Crazy. Can’t complain about the pit as a barb that’s for sure.

But on other toons it just feels bad.

The pit isn’t meant for every build and playstyle. If you’re getting killed in 1-2 hits and taking 10 minutes to kill a boss then you’ve hit the wall for your class/build.

At that point if you want to progress further you likely need ubers or to switch to a more broken/unfair class.

1 Like