The PERMA IMMUNE Sorc needs to be adjusted

Currently in the PTR, immune sorcs are everywhere. They reduce flame shield cooldown so significantly that they can chill immunity. Perma immunity should not be in this game, especially when it kills the risk/rewards, min/max, and fun out of the game overall.

Please see the video examples below. Special thanks to Bui and Currymon for the footage displaying some broken mechanics in PTR.

PvE Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKDz-RFeY2U&t=28s

Edit: Makuna example from tier 200 Pit >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI8Cudu1SfY&t=93s

PvP Example of Dust Devil, Perma Dodge Rogue, Perma Immune Sorc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBcg5qAqTbc

25 Likes

FIX THIS!!! Perma immune is just dumb for the game!

6 Likes

Please fix this so we can all enjoy the game!!

2 Likes

It’s unplayable in that way…pls fix asap!

1 Like

much like the selig necklace , yes any build / item that gives perma immunity should be adjusted.

it’d ruin hardcore mode and T200 ubers (and pvp i guess)

2 Likes

Also mid you my video linked is from 2 weeks ago before PTR!! With the introduction of frosty strides and other tempering affixs the immortal sorc build can do wayyyyyyy more damage. Check these videos to see if just insta clear T200 Pits.

1 Like

Oh wow he just needed 2 of his skills… :smiley:

just change this skill to to damage reduction and it should be good

2 Likes

Too bad this guy wasn’t part of the Maxroll team - that way Blizz might actually listen to him lol.

Even further: all immunity skills should be changed to damage reduction or something.
Invulnerable is pure lazy and bad design option.

1 Like

I am a Sorc player and I agree that the immunity part of Flameshield should be changed to something else or dialed back to the point that you can not maintain immunity for more than a second or two.

3 Likes

I tested perma flameshield and found nothing wrong with it.

Yours truly,
A Sorc.

2 Likes

Yah, all of these fake posts from a single player of an opposing class need to stop lol.

Notice how a lot of these posts are from people with a single post, all within a short period? Suspicious? Highly! Isnt this against the terms of agreement somewhere to create fake accounts on the blizzard forum?

Remember that this mechanic is not going to win us any gaunlets because it’s a slower play style. Selig on barb was / is still very unbeatable.

Edit: while it is possible that these 7 single post users are real users, it is obvious, given the timestamps in this thread and the other one, that the necro author of the thread coordinated these players to manipulate user sentiment against another class (sorc). Very bush league and this conduct should be banned from the forums as it destroys the integrity of the forum. Dont like a build? Put together a strong argument with supporting data, and your argument will stand on its own. Right now because of the manipulation, i dont know what is real or staged about the thread / videos.

1 Like

It is impressive Blizzard can keep repeating this mistake.

Is it 2 seasons ago where they claimed their main focus was on skills and affixes etc. scaling out of control?.. :woman_shrugging:

As for immunities specifically, maybe just dont have immunities as a concept. Cap all such effects at like 70-80% DR instead.

1 Like

Hectic shouldn’t apply to defensive skills, so there is not immortality problem

2 Likes

Wanna count Curry’s, LordxSaura’s or my messages via the the official d4 discord or? Get your head out of the sand and you might see all immune mechanics are bad. People are just trying to give more chance for some broken things to be highlighted and eventually fixed. Bnet forums give such additional opportunity.

P.S. I’ve played dru preseason, rogue s1, sorc s2, barb s3. Real barb player checking in :smile:

Or it cant hit the same spell twice in a row?

1 Like

kinda funny, on day 1 i saw that on ptr, that it will be a problem just by reading the new affixes in the codex. :wink:

its works even w/o hectic, just takes more effort.

1 Like

Just add min CD for Flameshield and be done. 2 or so second min so you still have to build defensively or get one-shot in between it being perma immune.

Have you noticed they can see you while stealthed?