The new 1.07 Patch is terrible

Yo7 guys have ruined the Twisting Blade rogue. To drop the cooldown reduction as far as you did was ridiculous and then you drop also the total amount of cooldown reduced. This needs to be addressed. The rogue is a super squishy character as is and that cooldown reducing effect helped to keep me alive and going! Please fix this blizzard because it is ruining my game experience

9 Likes

They essentially gutted it to not too far from useless to be honest.

Bloody Blizzard over nerfed Twisting blades, and further nerf with reduced atk speed glyphs.

1 Like

Right blizzard already neft blades so much now it’s bad. It still felt super weak from all of its previous forms in betas and closed betas. Pre nerf it felt just ok and you have to align thing up just right to get it to work. And reduce cooldowns. It wasn’t even good for boss fights just ok for trash pulls. But I guess barbs being able to hit things for 20x our damage is ok. My buddy who plays barb at level 40 was criting mobs for 38-40k

1 Like

Y’all are crazy, I just tested it and it still goes hard. “It wasn’t even good for boss fights” of course not, it’s an AoE focused build, you need more mobs for more CDR.

1 Like

So i beat the story, got to WT3, and hit 50 on my Druid. Came over to Rogue as it was my first pick in the betas.

Leme tell ya, even with this nerf it feels soooo much better than druid did. Im still getting skills off CD insanely fast and zipping around the map. I feel like if it was any better youd literally never have a CD without even having to try. Its close to that now anyway.

Im on WT2 so maybe ill change my opinion in WT3 but idk, feels super good as is.

2 Likes

With a proper build you wont. On WT3 you can facetank the enemies and bosses are only a matter of seconds. After i while i thought that theres something wrong. Its just too easy. Than i watched some endgame streams. Everyones rolling over the enemies w/o losing much life too.

All classes can do this. At Lvl 50+ i saw every class rocking the events. “Kill All Enemies”-event: I started to fill the bar, Barb came along. Bang Boom Bang. After a few secs the bar was full. Awesome.

Good build, items and synergies and youre good to go.

1 Like

I keep hearing people say rogues are squishy. I don’t think so at all. The only times I’ve really died are being stunned locked and smashed on the ground or 1 hit ko-ed. I wouldn’t say they are squishy at all. Maybe you mean compared to other classes but the rogue was always meant to move around quickly. Back to your topic. They will be patching continuously. Just cross your fingers. Maybe they will read this.

First, what the heck is “the new 1.07 Patch”? The latest patch, as of this morning, is 1.02f, let alone what it was 3 days ago when this post was made.

Second, the Twisting Blades build still slaps.

Honestly, didnt give Twisting a second look. Looked boring. Vulnerable-spread Flurry with Poison Imbue and Poison Trap and Shadow Step feels insanely OP though. Probably gonna be nerfed soon. Use it while you can.

Twisting Blades comes alive when used with its cooldown buff option and the Blade Dancer Aspect . This makes the returning blades orbit your character a few times, thereby triggering extra skill cooldown reduction procs. I was running this with puncture 3x mode in beta (for vulnerability effect), and even post nerf, it is still very good. Right now my L54 is face-tanking everything with only occasional heal pots required. Butcher was a quick-kill and gave up 2 legendaries.

1 Like

Lvl 60 in t4 twisting blades build here. Managed to basically solo the t4 capstone at 59. Twisting blades {removed} still for sure. Basically have instant cooldown on shadow imbuement and poison trap along with dash and shadow step as well. Im face tanking everything in t4 atm even the 72 bosses in helltide. If i start getting better gear Im sure the game is just going to feel easier than it does already. Watching everything explode around me is pretty satisfying

1 Like

That’d make me sad…

As for Twisting blades, never cared much for it.

I don’t think flurry is being nerfed all the powerful skills like poison trap, imbuements, shadow step can be used with other core skills then something like TB with CD reduction makes it even easier

Bohooo…

Best wishes from Minions Necro o7

The funny thing about this is that the nerf never actually went through until this morning, the post was just whining about the changes in the notes and not the actual gameplay L O L

is it though? there is a post saying that the cd reduction is only occuring on the first twisting blade pass through so the change for this morning feels more like a bug if anything. or maybe its just wishful thinking.

nvm… HOTFIX 6 & 7 - June 8, 2023 – 1.0.2

make sure to post and like this bug report thread for TB rogue