The List of All the Things That Don't Work with The Barber

You don’t even have to be using this Malignant Heart for it’s affects of nullifying the below list of things, you just need to be attacking the same thing as anyone else using it, and that’s a ton of people right now.

Fix this! Didn’t you devs say you made all those nerfs to INCREASE DIVERSITY in builds? Just to toss in a Malignant Heart that everyone uses that limits the ___ out of gameplay options??? The following are all the possible choices you’ve limited just because you want The Barber to function like it does (again regardless of whether or not we are using it):

Barbarian Passive
Pressure Point
Concussion

Barbarian Technique
1h Sword
2h Mace

Druid Passive
Ferocious Wolves
Electric Shock
Bad Omen
Elemental Exposure
Earthen Might

Druid Boons
Energize
Overload
Masochistic
Calm Before the Storm

Necromancer Passive
Enhanced Decrepify
Abhorrent Decrepify
Drain Vitality
Crippling Darkness

Rogue Passive
Primary Invigorating Strike
Countering Smoke Grenade
Shadow Crash
Mixed Poison Imbuement
Enhanced Cold Imbuement
Blended Cold Imbuement
Innervation
Alchemist’s Fortune
Second Wind
Exposure
Victimize

Rogue Specialization
Inner Sight

Sorcerer
Elemental Attunement
Precision Magic
Snap Freeze
Crippling Flames
Static Discharge
Frigid Breeze
Convulsions
Avalanche

Sorcerer Enchantment
Frost Nova
Meteor
Ball Lightning

Legendary Aspects
Aspect of Ancestral Echoes
Aspect of Anemia
Aspect of Arrow Storms
Aspect of Exposed Flesh
Aspect of Fortune
Aspect of Bursting Venoms
Aspect of Shared Misery
Aspect of Siphoned Victuals
Aspect of the Calm Breeze
Blast-Trapper’s Aspect
Icy Alchemist’s Aspect
Incendiary Aspect
Luckbringer Aspect
Mangler’s Aspect
Overcharged Aspect
Relentless Berserker’s Aspect
Slaking Aspect
Steadfast Berserker’s Aspect
Toxic Alchemist’s Aspect
Umbrous Aspect
Vengeful Aspect
Weapon Master’s Aspect

Unique Items
Azurewrath
Rage of Harrogath
Tempest Roar
Bloodless Scream
Lidless Wall
Ring of Mendeln
Cowl of the Nameless
Grasp of Shadows
Windforce
Andariel’s Visage
Doombringer
Frostburn
The Butcher’s Cleaver

Paragon
Decimator
Constricting Tendrils
Frigid Fate

Malignant Hearts
Cluster Munitions
Frozen Terror
The Clipshot

Gear Affixes
Too Many To List…

These are all the things (that I know of, because it’s not ONLY Lucky Hit related things… Inner Sight for example) that don’t work, whatsoever, just because someone around you has decided to use The Barber (and that’s a lot of people).

Fix. Your. Freaking. Game. Ffs.

19 Likes

yes, it does seem like there are quite a few core issues with the game, particularly around end game which is very frustrating.

dw bout me tho, i haven’t been playing. instead i have been reading the posts here so please lmk when its safe to come back.

As a barb, i am going to add, if someone is using barber, anything that bleed will be absorbed, making enemy not bleed, which also means any aspect that depends on bleed (such as skullbreaker), or stats that depends on bleed (for example +dmg when enemy is bleeding) doesn’t work at all

I am guessing other class will face similar problem, in case its not mentioned

2 Likes

I know for a fact this isnt accurate. Im a druid and run barber. My poison creeper is constantly available due to the proc of my Pack Leader boon. Bad Omen and Calm Before the Storm also work fine. I do know that Umbral on rogues is not working. But this list isnt 100% accurate. I think its much more nuanced.

1 Like

I’ve done a bit of testing as a Claw/Storm druid and confirmed everything does work properly aside from Earthen Might. I have no way to confirm there is critical strikes being procd from Earthen Might while The Barber is active. However I ran a NM with “attacks from afar burn primary resource” to test if any attacks procd full resource being refunded and never got it to work once through an entire dungeon. Have you been able to get this effect to proc while using barber?

Yea Im reading the necro ones going what are they talking about…

Hewed Flesh? I use it and there are so many pools going off from it lol ad my slelleys geting bodies as well. Its an aoe mine field from hell lol

I like to chase Rogues around helltides while they farming for cinders, while i have my Oculus equipped, tag their mobs to proc barber, then force tele bug underground and hearth back to base.

it’s like their way of balancing rogue is to just make the class not work when near someone else, that way they can’t feel jealous!

it’s ridiculous lol

3 Likes

Good posting, should be taken a look at by Q&A.

I just tested on Uber Lilith for over an hour and I can confirm that some “on hit” effects are NOT working while using the Barber.

For one hour straight I couldn’t get a single procc of Gloves or Exposed Flesh with The Barber… Even rewatched every fight with Nvidia Shadowplay to see if I’m wrong but nope. NOT A SINGLE PROC. Definitely not working.

Hewed Flesh works fine though so I’m guessing if the wording is something with “hit” or “hitting” there’s a high chance it wont work with Barber while when it says “your damage has the chance …” it seems to be working just fine.
Maybe it’s actually the specific hit on Vulnerable with BONE skills that break Exposed Flesh? No clue. But Lucky Hit Ressource from Gloves seems to be not working either. As soon as I unequipped my Barber I saw the proccs working again.

Makes me think about Sorcerer Frigid Breeze. Are you even getting back any Mana with that while using Barber?
I don’t have a sorc yet but I was planning to play one anyway so I will for sure test this.

TL;DR: Barber is actually broken on some “on hit” lucky hit effects.

Although, I agree with the spirit of this post as there are quite a few things that are not working with barber a lot of them known and a lot of them unknown, your list unfortunately appears to be very inaccurate. That being said this does need to be addressed

1 Like

I finally got a Barber with my LV75 Druid (currently Pulverize). I changed from Earthen Might into Ursine Strength because of the current bug. But there is another thing that I don’t understand. Whatever Passive I choose while using the Barber, the message “Immune” pops up frequently over mobs, even though they die in appropriate time.

Does anyone know why the “Immune” message pops up all the time over enemies while using the Barber with my Druid? This is really silly.

False information here.
I tested Calm before the storm boon and it does work with the barber.

Whether or not this list is entirely true, there does seem to be some interactions that do not work with the Barber Heart.

Personally if it cannot be changed to work for only the player who has it equipped then it should be removed. The idea behind it is nice, the execution is horrible.

Just found out today earthen might doesnt proc when barber is in the party or in use

A ton of hearts not working either. The game is unplayable to anyone not distracted by cookie clicker style big numbers. Such an utter disappointment.

Yeah but the barber gives a bonus damage at the end that compensates for all the things you listed there.

From player experience perspective:
Say: A party with 3 of the players with different timer on the barber gem and the other one is not using the barber.

This Gem is just too overly complicated.
Even in 1.1.1 it will apply only for the one who has the barber, I still do not see a good player experience in a party with multiple timer.