The graphics 'bad'? Were they outsourced or something?

I’m not trying to be a jerk, obviously the graphics are good, but at the same time they are ‘bad’.
Let me explain.

1. LOTS of stuff looks plastic. I’m not a professional artist, but I have dabbled, and I can say that the specular lighting reflection is WAY overused, thus leading to lots of materials looking ‘plastic’.

2. There is a blue/white light source that hovers above your character no matter where you are. Okay, I get it, we need to have a light source for reflections, but this light source is VISIBLE TO THE PLAYER when your character is in water. That’s so stupid. Do we not have the tech to have a light source that lights the environment, but is invisible to the camera when being reflected??
    It just doesn’t seem very polished. I’d rather have had D3 graphic style again instead of this.

These are my only 2 complaints really, and yes, the game had good graphics, but these 2 issues REALLY break the immersion, especially the 2nd one.

3 Likes

Calling the wambulance!!!
Looks great to me rtx 3080 on max everything

6 Likes

Your snarky comment just tells me you are happy with mediocrity.
That’s fine, but the game starts at $69 and goes up. Seems like we’d get a more polished product.

I am in love with the graphics.

6 Likes

The game looks absolutely incredible imo the amount of detail is insane.

6 Likes

Pay him no mind, the mind and maturity of a four year old calling some one a pooppie head at work here, put the goof on ignore and be done with it.

Looks fine to me on ultra settings with my 3090 everything maxed out 1080p. Like a darker/grittier modern Diablo 2 and i love it.

2 Likes

yes thats looks bad. its the style of the game. also that the player is the source of light is pretty bad. looks wrong.

2 Likes

The game looks great with ultra textures although I will admit that there’s a huge noticeable difference between the high textures and the ultra textures.

If you want the game to look better:

1. Download the high res assets
  2. Run the game on ultra with high resolution or get hardware upgrades so you can run the game on ultra at high resolution.
1 Like

that doesnt remove the plastic look.
and even then a lot of textures doesnt look really good for the hardware you need.

but imo overall the style of the game is good.

Looks great to me on my old GTX 970 even. Shurg some people are always going to complain they don’t like whatever you do. Honestly I think it’s the best looking ARPG I’ve seen.

2 Likes

I appreciate you trying to be helpful, but I am already on Ultra with the hi-res assets. :slight_smile:

I didn’t wake up today and go “I’m going to argue with people on the internet”, so I’m done here, but at least one person in this thread actually understands the issue, instead of thinking it has to do with graphics quality
The game overall looks good and I’m having fun, but those 2 issues are REAL and pretty bad looking honestly.
I would link to some screenshots since some people can’t understand, but that’s just too much work.

Bliz artists and devs will understand what this complaint is about and that’s really all that maters.

Eh…I get it. Kinda like watching a movie in the theater…and then watching it in 4K HD at home where it looks like it’s live. It’s…yea…just different is all.

I don’t understand how no one is complaining about the beard and haircut pixelation and clipping. Shaved hair looks like bugs crawling in and out of your skull. Beards are like from the NES era. Yet I’ve only seen one complaint posted here about it, and it was by my partner, lol.

Plus everything looks way to bright and cartoonish :roll_eyes:

Go back to CoD, loser.

I found someone using low or medium textures.

NES era? Can you be anymore disingenuous?

Using hi rez textures and it look amazing and far better than any other ARPG on the market.

I think that the thread title is a bit too rough: if you say that the graphics are good, the title can’t be that.

While I agree with the point 1, having specular reflection and metallic component a bit overdone (stuff too often looks “wet” when it shouldn’t), makes the graphics go from a 10/10 to a 8/10. And 8/10 is a very good mark, nothing that would make me ask if they’re outsourced (and if they outsourced, they’ve chosen very competent outsourcing people).