"The Grandfather" Masterwork bug with no 25% boost at Masterwork 12

Oh gosh, I am glad I found this thread. I JUST upgraded my The Grandfather 2-h sword on my Barbarian to rank 12/12 masterworking, literally like 5 minutes ago. And the 250 Neathiron I spent gave me no upgrade. I did the 12/12th upgrade, but it did not boost a stat by 25% for the final time on the rank 12 upgrade. This seems broken. Can devs please look into this?

Here is how I know something is wrong: my Grandfather sword is 12/12 masterwork upgraded, but I only see two stats with blue text, indicating the masterwork rank 4/8/12 single stat “crits.” On my sword, I only see “All Stats” colored blue, as well as “Maximum Life” colored blue. That accounts for the rank 4 and 8 upgrade “crits” but there’s no third blue affix for the 12th upgrade. If the 12/12 upgrade worked correctly, either my All Stats or Max Life would be YELLOW (indicating it has been crit twice by masterworking) or the +Damage – the only other affix on this sword – would also be blue. But nope, just blue all stats and max life. Which tells me the 12th upgrade didn’t work as it should.

I was honestly surprised others ran into this, I thought I messed something up. Then I just did a Google search and it led me to this thread. I thought I might be the only one with this problem lol. Glad to see others have the same problem so that maybe it’ll get fixed!

Here’s a pet theory I have: they removed the “Ignores Durability Loss” affix line on The Grandfather in the season 4 update, and I wonder if the fact that The Grandfather only has 3 stats allows for some kind of ‘shadow bug you can’t see clearly with your eyes’ where the 25% single stat upgrade is being applied to an affix that isn’t there (what would be a 4th affix).

Anyway, The Grandfather needs looked into, because I just spent 250 neathiron on the final upgrade and got nothing out of it!

4 Likes