"The Grandfather" Masterwork bug with no 25% boost at Masterwork 12

I masterwork upgrade “The Grandfather” sword from rank 10 to 12 and got “A random affix has been upgraded by 25%” pop-up with nothing shown. I then I take a look and saw nothing got upgraded by the 25%. Not even the ones I upgraded already got upgrade either because if it did the text color changes to yellow to indicate it.

10 Likes

I also had this issue with the all stats on the grandfather but health worked?

Yeah, the health works. The only thing I didn’t get is the +25% boost to random affix after upgrading to 12. This sucks, because I farmed 3hr+ and failed multiple pit along the way, only for 400 Neathiron to go to waste :confused:

Oh gosh, I am glad I found this thread. I JUST upgraded my The Grandfather 2-h sword on my Barbarian to rank 12/12 masterworking, literally like 5 minutes ago. And the 250 Neathiron I spent gave me no upgrade. I did the 12/12th upgrade, but it did not boost a stat by 25% for the final time on the rank 12 upgrade. This seems broken. Can devs please look into this?

Here is how I know something is wrong: my Grandfather sword is 12/12 masterwork upgraded, but I only see two stats with blue text, indicating the masterwork rank 4/8/12 single stat “crits.” On my sword, I only see “All Stats” colored blue, as well as “Maximum Life” colored blue. That accounts for the rank 4 and 8 upgrade “crits” but there’s no third blue affix for the 12th upgrade. If the 12/12 upgrade worked correctly, either my All Stats or Max Life would be YELLOW (indicating it has been crit twice by masterworking) or the +Damage – the only other affix on this sword – would also be blue. But nope, just blue all stats and max life. Which tells me the 12th upgrade didn’t work as it should.

I was honestly surprised others ran into this, I thought I messed something up. Then I just did a Google search and it led me to this thread. I thought I might be the only one with this problem lol. Glad to see others have the same problem so that maybe it’ll get fixed!

Here’s a pet theory I have: they removed the “Ignores Durability Loss” affix line on The Grandfather in the season 4 update, and I wonder if the fact that The Grandfather only has 3 stats allows for some kind of ‘shadow bug you can’t see clearly with your eyes’ where the 25% single stat upgrade is being applied to an affix that isn’t there (what would be a 4th affix).

Anyway, The Grandfather needs looked into, because I just spent 250 neathiron on the final upgrade and got nothing out of it!

4 Likes

Dang, that’s actually a really good theory you have.
2 days ago, when I equipped Grandfather, the “Ignore durability loss” didn’t work but i didn’t mind it much. But now that you mention it, you might be correct that the 25% boost went to the 4th invisible affix where “ignore durability loss” would have been.

2 Likes

It is entirely the ignores durability loss

I just tried to MW my Grandfather twice and both times mine did not crit at 4/12 so mine has no stars.

I just faced this problem as well when masterworking grandfather to 8. There was totally no change to the existing stats. Hope it’s fixed.

1 Like

i just upgraded my Grandfather to MW lv 4 and did not get any 25% boost also. Does anyone knows a fix?

1 Like

I had to restart from scratch since my 12/12 masterwork probably masterworked “Ignores Durability Loss”
VERY annoying…

My Grandfather doesn’t even have Ignores Durability loss… And it just Crit on nothing at 8/12. This is stupid

This just happened to me this evening. I upgraded my GF to 12 and unfortunately like others in this thread, I did not receive the 25% boost towards the last affix 25% bonus. Hopefully, this will be corrected soon in a patch. Can any devs verify this? Much appreciated!

Hi, i have This same problem…. Have only 2 blue Affixes and on last upgrade to lvl 12 nothing hapenned… my grandfather also dont have durability loss…

Add me to the list, just upgraded Grandfather to level 12 masterworking and got nothing.

Come on Blizz do something

1 Like

I have the same. I done 5 time reset.

me as well, Blizzard pls fix

It also happened to me (Masterwork 10/12 and NO affix got boosted 25%), will this get fixed? o.O

Same problem, lost alot of resource and money for nothing ? …

1 Like

Gotta love finding threads AFTER you encounter the problem, thus wasting mats lol. Oh wells, par for the course Blizz.

1 Like

wasted 20Mill before i found this thread smh

1 Like