The game NEEDS a global chat or more players in your world

I have a Lv 50 and two characters in their 20’s. Ive once typed in local chat in town, no response. Other than that ive never once seen any human type a single word in game.

But that is exactly the game plan when you design a major AAA online always live service game, and then willfully choose to have no chat.

Total pass on global chat

With all the twitt, faceplant, discrd, etc etc services, who needs ingame spam. The group chat mode is fine

You will be meeting many people later on during world boss fights, legion events and helltides. Made some new friends there.

I guess there is no ingame chat, because this game has 100% cross play and console players cannot type

Primarily a single player game, yet you can play all the cotent with other players, you constantly see them in towns and the world, and theres no option to play offline with no other players… Do you know what primary means?

Also, you don’t tend to run into many gold sellers in a game that isn’t FTP. I honestly don’t think it would be an issue here.

THIS is NOT POE. go play POE if you want. I am here for Diablo 4
The End.

1 Like

So you’ve hardly played at all and your complaining that you can’t go be a social butterfly? :grimacing: :grimacing:

not like it gets any better. i got to level 62 before realizing its a single player game, and i dont want to play it. i redownloaded POE to try the new league, at level 3 i already was talking to a couple of people being brought back up to speed since i havent played in some years.

the level doesnt matter, the zone cap is 12. its stupid, theres no way to talk to people, trade chat is disabled by default and barely anyone knows about it, and finding groups and chatting isnt really the point of trade chat, actually, i dont know the point of trade chat, this game hardly has any trade.

I did kinda the same in server slam I stood at a portal and asking questions and saying Hello (not from the emote) and never got a response. you want a game that should be grouping but no way to do it with eease?

Then what is the point of even having online if it’s just an illusion of community? They built all the infrastructure just to have it be half baked. If they wanted a single player game then it would have just been single player. It’s clearly not.

it is a single player game, they made it online only to prevent piracy and made the overworld be shared with people so you are incentivized to buy microtransactions.

or alternatively they are completely incompetent. i dont even know. tbh both are equally plausible with blizzard.

Bro are you missing the definition of single player? Multiplayer games are played online live with other people, and single-player games are played alone It is a multiplayer game.

2 Likes

Says who? It certainly isn’t in almost all aspects.

1 Like

100% agree.

This game is quickly going to get dropped by thousands of people if they don’t add Global Chat. This is ridiculous, tons of people playing – but ZERO incentive to play together and ZERO ability to find or meet new friends.

I absolutely despise this. I’m headed back to Path of Exile if it’s not added soon.

2 Likes

the Idea of a global chat is valid… in reality any global chat channel will be full of gold sellers and trolls and their spam will drown out anyone who is actively looking to use the channel for pure reasons.

I think the best advise is to start a guild or play with RL friends

i kinda agree and disagree. the times i’ve noticed people talking in local, i’ve already left… global chat is the best thing and worst thing of MMO’s on one hand you can spark up friendships with people from all over when ya’ll realize you got the same F’ed up sense of humor… on the other hand… political tirades, spam, gold sellers. all that sh!t ruins global for me.

They are already in the trade channel.

You will like those 12 people in your server!

That is all you get!

The idea that global chat is destined to be full of spammers is patently false. It doesn’t even need to be moderated. All we need is a user-defined set of filters. This makes it so you can auto ignore anyone who uses a certain phrase, and they will never know what the phrase was or that they are ignored. Their other accounts see the spam in full.

To prevent catching legitimate users in the block, you pick a unique phrase, the garbled web address they use to avoid global filters. The spammer doesn’t know that “fr33 r0bu.x” is what’s getting them ignored, because only you know what’s in your block list. Don’t want to see political discussion or dumb jokes either? Put the President in there, along with ol’ Chuck and Mankirk.

This isn’t some wild idea. We had exactly this system on IRC a quarter century ago, in addon scripts written by teenagers.

1 Like