Thank you Blizzrd you made PTR the best D4 for Sorc yet!

the huge frozen orb nerf after PTR simply kill this build from the new dominate build. Blizzard build from S1 is better build.

So disappointed with the nerf and they just cannot let us have fun.

Does fun mean mindless skill use and not good cause and effect combat or?

Its should be tested before writing it off as useless of course; there are a few good changes in the notes as well. Blowing up the screen at the press of a skill might be a better theme for seasonal powers.

Low key the necro thorns bois looks similarly crazy in potential, but this needs to be tested as well.

I think it should be okay.

Look, genuinely, exponential math is not intuitive on a psychological level. You can put the formula in front of someone and as the curve goes exponential most can’t correctly guess the final outcome.

Things like attack speed then ‘doubling’ through second free cast of frozen orb did some bonkers things. The lucky hit on the respawn dropping a bit does not seem too onerous of a change after PTR especially when you assume that final end game builds will have greater affixes of attack speed and lucky hit everywhere.

I also suspect after looking at the PTR data, they concluded the server load calculating so many conjurations was bad for performance and needed to bring that down a bit, and in fact they have some mental baseline of how many minutes it should take it clear pit 200 and are tuning down tornado barb and conjuration sorc to meet that time target.

After all, they had 203 resplendent sparks to show how much they grinded to get the final optimziation!!! (jkjkjk)

1 Like

I should be allow a Frost Nova build that wipes the entire map just because it’s fun.
For me.
Then quit after 10 minutes because it got boring wiping the map with one button.

Since it was bugged apparently, I do wish they would’ve just fixed the bug then see how it’s performing instead of going for the double shot nerf. Hopefully it’s still good at least.

I don’t understand the crying. Games are more fun with at least SOME challenge. If a build is bugged or completely OP, there should be some adjustment. If someone is just looking to easily roll content, just go download Candy Crush and replay the first level over and over.

1 Like