Target farming uniques - old

Thanks for taking the time to compile the info and make this post.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still working on this as I make discoveries and I have a spreadsheet of loot drops running. Something I noticed is people are mistaking wargs as part of the werewolf family when they are not. They appear to just be wild life.

I almost wonder if I should start a bestiary lol

oh I see now. Wargs are probably wild life, but mangy hounds are werewolves. The models are very similiar.

Need to pay attention to when Warg spawn in the game. Is it possible theyā€™re a part of the bandit family? I see them in areas near bandits frequently, or frequently paired with bandits. I donā€™t see them in many wild-life dungeons, such as Feralā€™s den.

Another Iā€™m confused on are the corpsewinder snakes, they didnā€™t count toward the snake achievement so I think they are wild life? maybe?

and the scorched stingers, they showed up during a maggot event. but iā€™m just not certain.

Got 3 legendary rings off of demons in dark ravine not sure if this means anything

Iā€™ve received many rings from demons in Ancientā€™s Lament, but almost no rings from demons in the Prison of Caldeum.

Its something to look out for, for certain.

I have come to the conclusion that hornet type enemies are in the flies family due to the dungeon Guulrahn Canals.

To my knowledge no dungeon natively carries enemies from more than 3 families.
Guulrahn Canals carries zombies, spiders, and flies natively. Since the hornets in the dungeon donā€™t match up with zombie or spider in any way, the only remaining family is flies.
edit: there is a dungeon with 4 or 5 enemy types in it natively. hornets may be a part of the maggot family. reason being larva->bug but they could just as likely be in the fly family. Would need to exclusively kill these enemy types and write-out their loot tables and compare to both flies and maggot loot tables that exclude the hornets to determine. To my knowledge both flies and maggots do not have bonus-roll for non-druid weapons. If either of them bonus roll druid weapons then it may be easier to determine the hornetā€™s place by farming them as a non-druid

Guulrahn slums is the first dungeon Iā€™ve observed a plethora of different enemy types. Usually is 2-3 but this dungeon begins with 2, caniibals and flies, (unless bloodhawks are wild life which I doubt. I think they are in the flies category with the bees but its very hard to know since they donā€™t appear in other wild life dungeons, and instead appear with the cannibals and flies)

THen the second half has ghosts, maggots, flies, and zombies. My god.

I did some testing and it seems wargs are just wild life. But other wargs, such as storm warg are werewolves. So thats lovely.

I was able to find wild-life exclusive events that spawns wargs, grizzly bears, thorn rats, and most important Frost Wings. This leads me to believe they are absolutely in the wild life family. But I will wait to see this more than once to confirm.

1 Like

Thankyou for putting this together very interested in seeing the finished product.

1 Like

Great work and very helpfull, Thanks!

1 Like

I consulted this and went over to Cultist Refuge using NM teir 23 sigil in hopes of maybe having a Tempest Roar drop, but after two runs decided to do another NM fungeon. I had Tempest Roar drop in Tier 22 NM Feralā€™s Den from an Elite guarded chest. lol go figure.

1 Like

Hello, I have also recently started taking notes of monster family drops as I wanted to farm boots and pantsā€¦
I have how maxroll was spreading misinformation and everyone is posting their link.
Drowned do not drop more boots!!!
I got 200 drops from them in Floded Depths (making sure not to count chests or other monsters) and these were my findings:
helm - 9% - 18 (1 Unique)
chest - 9.5% - 19
2h weap - 12.5% - 25 (1 Unique)
1h weap - 23.5% - 47
gloves - 8.5% - 17
pants - 32% - 64
boots - 5% - 10

I realise now that for druid youā€™re actually getting more of a certain weapon, so they can be certainly more biased than just 1h-weap/2h-weap as I have been separating it.

How can I help you if I start collecting more information while following your sheet?

1 Like

That data is actually very insightful. Something thatā€™s been bothering is me the complete lack of 1h weapons that Iā€™ve gotten compared to 2h weapons.

55 1h axe
63 1h maces
116 2h axe
157 2h maces
171 2h staces.
96 totems.

If the drowned are dropping significantly more 1h over 2h than that is incredible news. I hope axes are a main drop from them as they would be the first observation Iā€™ve seen of high 1h axe drops. It would also strongly imply that the reason Druids kept getting barbarian uniques so frequently is simply because 2h maces and 2h axes were so incredibly common.

The the most helpful thing you can do is keep data in a spreadsheet and have it publicly available for viewing. I can host the link here for ease of access, and we can cross-reference data betwixt spreadsheets. Almost like a peer-review.

I would say just be careful to keep your data tracked per class separate. So if youā€™re playing druid, donā€™t switch to Necromancer and keep adding to the data like youā€™re still druid. I think it would be very beneficial if we had data comparisons across different classes because of the way weapon drops work, but we would need to be able to cross-examine what data we collect.

How do you get it to show this. Mine shows no information on the enemy types.

strangeā€¦ I farmed vampire dungeons a lot and got 4 windforces and finally got my skyhunter from them
A friend of mine was farming spider dungeons for xp and got like 10 frostburns that dropped
so you are wrong when saying itā€™s a waste of time. this is target farming and many arenā€™t aware of it

docs(DOT)google(DOT)com/spreadsheets/d/1FmSt3rWdcIZTkccyPs4ZE-mxd4AZPXsv3XRAbmHC9VE/edit?usp=sharing
Thatā€™s the link to my version of the sheet, as Iā€™m not really doing exclusively nightmare dungeons it just got a bit too convoluted for me so I simplified it. Iā€™m only really getting the information of what monster family drops what

Just from what Iā€™ve gathered so far itā€™s clear as day that your experience as a druid has been different from mine when killing demons, as for me their main drop was rings

1 Like

When I look at my data dungeon by dungeon it looks like I may start to see the ring drops that youā€™re seeing if I run more demon dungeons. Iā€™ve been prioritizing other dungeons in recent days so Iā€™ll try to shift my priorities over to those

I would like to apologise and make a correction on that first data I said about 200 drops in flooded depths, I didnā€™t realise at the time that is actually a mixed monster dungeon of drowned and zombies, so that data is not actually for drowned but for flooded depths itself.
Iā€™m being more careful with what monster families they mobs actually belong to now.

1 Like

Oh thank you for addressing that, I havenā€™t seen a dungeon yet that has only one enemy type, so sadly we have to be extra careful always ; ;

Please write down somewhere if you can of any good dungeons for specific families you find, itā€™ll definitely help me as well, and I can do the same if you want, so far Iā€™m adding them at the very top, Iā€™ll keep changing them around as I find better ones.

I also added a new sheet on my link for any mobs I might not see in your list at the top. Iā€™ll add any youā€™re missing with bold text! My problem so far is that I have some achievements at 10k already like spidersā€¦ is there really no way to track after you hit the 10k achievement?

1 Like

Theres no way to track once you hit 10, and for some families theres just no way to track at all. But many events (not the cursed ones) will only pull from one family type so you can usually use those to tell, but be careful of outlier cases. There are definitely some events that put flies with wild life for example.

1 Like

I just want to commend you on the work you do for the community at large and the efforts you put into compiling all this data.
Your Quest posts are awesome and this is ā€¦just something else.

Thanks very much!
I appreciate it greatly.

2 Likes

I will be filling out your spreadsheet. Druid here. Iā€™m going to erase your data and add my own. I am also filling out a spreadsheet with every family in every dungeon. Data is the only way weā€™ll get some idea of if we can actually target farm and Iā€™d love to help out. :slight_smile:

h ttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wB4V1p4plvFlLYSRbNcfaEu5AQB6SESsuWYmXR8IQ3k/edit?usp=sharing

Connected#11964

Hi Zolmation,

I made this spreadsheet tool that lets you mark the item types you care about, and tells you what dungeons are best for farming those, based on your drop data and monster family data.

h ttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RyaQemPAV6e4LbVeWW1aqPOzlU3yAr3dWrbA3NGHjhQ/edit?usp=sharing

Itā€™s almost feature-complete. I plan to keep it up to date with any new data that comes in on any of the spreadsheets that users have contributed so far (yours, ultimatelypeā€™s, and connectedā€™s - I gotta comb the rest of the thread to see if I missed any). Right now that import process is manual; I could automate that process, but I wanted to both ask your permission first and check in to see if youā€™re still updating.

Iā€™m also trying to get the word out about your thread here so we can get more people contributing data. Looks like it worked. Thanks for getting this done. I might do some farming myself.

2 Likes