Target farming uniques - old

I consulted this and went over to Cultist Refuge using NM teir 23 sigil in hopes of maybe having a Tempest Roar drop, but after two runs decided to do another NM fungeon. I had Tempest Roar drop in Tier 22 NM Feral’s Den from an Elite guarded chest. lol go figure.

1 Like

Hello, I have also recently started taking notes of monster family drops as I wanted to farm boots and pants…
I have how maxroll was spreading misinformation and everyone is posting their link.
Drowned do not drop more boots!!!
I got 200 drops from them in Floded Depths (making sure not to count chests or other monsters) and these were my findings:
helm - 9% - 18 (1 Unique)
chest - 9.5% - 19
2h weap - 12.5% - 25 (1 Unique)
1h weap - 23.5% - 47
gloves - 8.5% - 17
pants - 32% - 64
boots - 5% - 10

I realise now that for druid you’re actually getting more of a certain weapon, so they can be certainly more biased than just 1h-weap/2h-weap as I have been separating it.

How can I help you if I start collecting more information while following your sheet?

1 Like

That data is actually very insightful. Something that’s been bothering is me the complete lack of 1h weapons that I’ve gotten compared to 2h weapons.

55 1h axe
63 1h maces
116 2h axe
157 2h maces
171 2h staces.
96 totems.

If the drowned are dropping significantly more 1h over 2h than that is incredible news. I hope axes are a main drop from them as they would be the first observation I’ve seen of high 1h axe drops. It would also strongly imply that the reason Druids kept getting barbarian uniques so frequently is simply because 2h maces and 2h axes were so incredibly common.

The the most helpful thing you can do is keep data in a spreadsheet and have it publicly available for viewing. I can host the link here for ease of access, and we can cross-reference data betwixt spreadsheets. Almost like a peer-review.

I would say just be careful to keep your data tracked per class separate. So if you’re playing druid, don’t switch to Necromancer and keep adding to the data like you’re still druid. I think it would be very beneficial if we had data comparisons across different classes because of the way weapon drops work, but we would need to be able to cross-examine what data we collect.

How do you get it to show this. Mine shows no information on the enemy types.

strange… I farmed vampire dungeons a lot and got 4 windforces and finally got my skyhunter from them
A friend of mine was farming spider dungeons for xp and got like 10 frostburns that dropped
so you are wrong when saying it’s a waste of time. this is target farming and many aren’t aware of it

docs(DOT)google(DOT)com/spreadsheets/d/1FmSt3rWdcIZTkccyPs4ZE-mxd4AZPXsv3XRAbmHC9VE/edit?usp=sharing
That’s the link to my version of the sheet, as I’m not really doing exclusively nightmare dungeons it just got a bit too convoluted for me so I simplified it. I’m only really getting the information of what monster family drops what

Just from what I’ve gathered so far it’s clear as day that your experience as a druid has been different from mine when killing demons, as for me their main drop was rings

1 Like

When I look at my data dungeon by dungeon it looks like I may start to see the ring drops that you’re seeing if I run more demon dungeons. I’ve been prioritizing other dungeons in recent days so I’ll try to shift my priorities over to those

I would like to apologise and make a correction on that first data I said about 200 drops in flooded depths, I didn’t realise at the time that is actually a mixed monster dungeon of drowned and zombies, so that data is not actually for drowned but for flooded depths itself.
I’m being more careful with what monster families they mobs actually belong to now.

1 Like

Oh thank you for addressing that, I haven’t seen a dungeon yet that has only one enemy type, so sadly we have to be extra careful always ; ;

Please write down somewhere if you can of any good dungeons for specific families you find, it’ll definitely help me as well, and I can do the same if you want, so far I’m adding them at the very top, I’ll keep changing them around as I find better ones.

I also added a new sheet on my link for any mobs I might not see in your list at the top. I’ll add any you’re missing with bold text! My problem so far is that I have some achievements at 10k already like spiders… is there really no way to track after you hit the 10k achievement?

1 Like

Theres no way to track once you hit 10, and for some families theres just no way to track at all. But many events (not the cursed ones) will only pull from one family type so you can usually use those to tell, but be careful of outlier cases. There are definitely some events that put flies with wild life for example.

1 Like

I just want to commend you on the work you do for the community at large and the efforts you put into compiling all this data.
Your Quest posts are awesome and this is …just something else.

Thanks very much!
I appreciate it greatly.

2 Likes

I will be filling out your spreadsheet. Druid here. I’m going to erase your data and add my own. I am also filling out a spreadsheet with every family in every dungeon. Data is the only way we’ll get some idea of if we can actually target farm and I’d love to help out. :slight_smile:

h ttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wB4V1p4plvFlLYSRbNcfaEu5AQB6SESsuWYmXR8IQ3k/edit?usp=sharing

Connected#11964

Hi Zolmation,

I made this spreadsheet tool that lets you mark the item types you care about, and tells you what dungeons are best for farming those, based on your drop data and monster family data.

h ttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RyaQemPAV6e4LbVeWW1aqPOzlU3yAr3dWrbA3NGHjhQ/edit?usp=sharing

It’s almost feature-complete. I plan to keep it up to date with any new data that comes in on any of the spreadsheets that users have contributed so far (yours, ultimatelype’s, and connected’s - I gotta comb the rest of the thread to see if I missed any). Right now that import process is manual; I could automate that process, but I wanted to both ask your permission first and check in to see if you’re still updating.

I’m also trying to get the word out about your thread here so we can get more people contributing data. Looks like it worked. Thanks for getting this done. I might do some farming myself.

2 Likes

yes please use my info and spread it far and wide! gotta put an end to all these websites with misinformation. I’m still updating it!

As a rogue it’s quite clear what monsters drop specific items like shields or wands because they actually drop for me (much more than other non rogue items) even though I can’t use it

1 Like

I just log in for click Like, the information is insane. No wand, for my sorcerer?

1 Like

I just log in for click Like, the information is insane. No wand, for my sorcerer?

yes! if you look, you can see wands dropped for me and zolmation when killing ghosts even though wands aren’t for druids or rogues, that means ghosts have an improved drop chance of wands.

1 Like

Also, all winged creatures that shoot slow-moving projectiles (wasps) I consider to be Flies - they only ever appear with them.

This is a great thread. Thank you all for doing this research. Also it’s just nice to see something positive and constructive here :wink:

NP! It will take time to gather this information but we’ll get there. :smiley: