Tactician glyph new functionality

The tactician glyph makes you deal x10% increased damage for 4 seconds after casting a defensive skill. From the patch notes “New Functionality: Now lasts 4 seconds longer for each Defensive Skill not on your Action Bar.”
This effect lasting longer has zero chance to make us not want to use defensive skills. I cant believe how dumb this is. If I use a defensive skill again within 4 seconds, this effect is increased for another 4 seconds… why wouldn’t I want to just keep using defensive skills??

Why would you not want to keep using defensive skills in general? They’re just giving you a better bonus if you continuously use them. I don’t understand the issue here.

1 Like

the new functionality only applies for each skill NOT on your bar

I was confused by their intent here also it that “not” isn’t a typo. So that would mean that the only defensive skills that you could use and still get the increase in damage is ones in the enchantment slots? I guess that would work well with the Teleport enchant. Will have to try it in the PTR.

It makes Tactician more useful for people not using all four defensives, where before it was less useful the fewer you used. If you want to keep using four, go for it, but now you can use fewer and still keep high uptime on the buff.

1 Like

It is worded strangely. So, your take is that if you only have, say, Flameshield on your bar then when you cast it the 10% increased damage will last 12 sec?

should be 16 seconds, (4 from base, plus 4 each for teleport, ice armor, and frost nova) but yes this is my understanding.

However, you could just use the abilities that help keep you alive, and easily keep up the buff. so not having a skill on your bar doesn’t really add any benefit. Especially since teleport and flame shield are SOOO good, why wouldn’t you want those two on your bar at least? You can easily get their cooldowns so that you could keep this buff up with just those two abilities, so adding the extra 4 seconds really isn’t anything worth while.

Yeah this is my interpretation of the change as well. It’s actually helpful since it gives you a bit more flexibility on the rotation if you drop even one of the four.

There’s also that new Aspect that gives you a big damage bonus if you run zero defensives on your action bar. I don’t think I see a use case for it outside of a pure Conjuration build, but it’s at least an interesting build twist, and assuming Teleport enchant can proc Tactician, you could potentially use both of them together.

Yeah, I saw the Tactician change. run two of my 3 Lvl 100 Sorcs without FS but I cannot see a whole lot of Sorcs dropping TP. Maybe with some of the new mobility stuff like the aspect and the elixer.

You could potentially do without Teleport if you sub in the Metamorphosis aspect. You could also use the enchant and/or Oculus. Overall I agree though - I doubt it will see widespread use. The only build I would be tempted to try it with is pure Conjuration, since you can easily just spend most of your time running away :smile: