Suggestion: When you reset a masterwork crit, it should not reset all the way to the start unless chosen to

Yes, I know it’s all RNG and I fully understand that and the whole grind that comes with it, but the gold and material cost doesn’t really justify such small chance to get the desired crits on affixes at each level people desire/need. What makes it worse is, if you manage to get the affix you wanted to crit, maybe even twice in a row, but not the third, then you lose it all if you decide to try again and reset. Yes, I get how powerful the masterwork process is, but too often it feels way too punitive and the small victories in getting the crits on affixes that you want are too far in between.

I think it should be tweaked like this:

Masterwork 1-4, if the affix you wanted crits, then you continue to masterwork from 5-8. If the crit on 8 isn’t the affix you preferred, then there should be an option to just choose to reset your current tier (5-8), instead of just going back to square one and lose out on the crit’d affix you wanted.

For resetting each tier this way, I’d propose the following:

1-4 = 5 million gold, refund 35% of mats used
5-8 = 10 million, refund 25% of mats used
9-12 = 15 million, refund 15% of mats used

I’m sure I’m not the only one who has thought of something like this, but I don’t know anyone playing right now who is happy with spending so much gold and materials on resetting their masterwork items hoping for the affix they want to get a boost. It’s bad enough that the occultists rob us blind of our gold and angelbreath (lol), too, for rerolling, but it’d be nice to cut down some of the RNG if possible.

/2cents