Stygian Stones Vendor increase

Source - Diablo IV Patch Notes — Diablo IV — Blizzard News
I’d like to say a big thanks for the increase to the vendor price of Stygian Stones, from 70k to 150k gold.
This is going to save so much time, compared to selling them to other players for 35m+.
There’s a lot said about some strange QoL changes, such as the upcoming decrease drop rate to Balefull hearts, but this change just shows how in touch the team are with getting in the changes we need and when we need them.
Thankyou.

9 Likes

I’m too hangover for this, op.
I don’t care that much.

2 Likes

But cared enough to respond. :slight_smile:

I’m here with you. I care enough to respond to your response.

Can someone care for my post now?

2 Likes

I’m ok now.

Well, if you ask me… It doesn’t make much sense.
But what can we say?
Will we get mad just because they increased the vendor price for stygians?
Also don’t make sense.

So what can we do?
Not much. All of this doesn’t matter for us.

Maybe its important because the devs found out people were selling stygian stones to vendors.

1 Like

I think this was an attempt to have trading or player based shops.

Some other games allow you to list like an Auction house, but more of just a sell amount without much negotiation going on, but you never know.

If a player can list say 3 items for sale at a given time:

Stygian stones for sale 25 million or best offer (pm in game). Type of thing.

" * Stygian Stone sale price increased from 70,000 Gold to 150,000."

Whoever made this change does either not understand the game at all, does not play the game at all, or simply made a Typo… or you know… all 3 possible too.

3 Likes

Yeah and a 3 Ga legendary with bis affixes may fetch 200k from merchanting, when it might fetch that in billions (200 billion) on the open market.

Well, the fact it works this way is not even that much of a problem in my opinion. It’s just that this change was made, and it’s weird. Like what possible logic could be behind a change of an item with such a low drop chance in pit? It’s not like it’ll impact inflation, or whatever.

True, it’s a non change. Doesn’t affect the game in either way. Someone quiet quitting, filling up their time with weird and non impactful changes.

This is what we say in business - non-actionable data.

Wait! You can buy stygian idol with gold?

1 Like

My brother, don’t underestimate what people do.
I bet you… I bet you 100 to 1 that a large portion of the community doesn’t know how to trade either in game or with the third party website.

They simply vendor this **** in town without even thinking about.
And this is the normal game for them.

Maybe this change its for them.
Just this.

1 Like

You can only sell them to vendors. Which I don’t know anyone who does this.

The change for the parts makes sense, as they’ll be taken away next season, but increasing the sale price for stones doesn’t make much sense.

LOL, true true, I mean I guess you can vendor them just to buy them back. I wonder if sell and rebuy are the same price. :slight_smile:

Who said Blizz was not listening to the players community? This good joke about the Stygian stones sell price just proves otherwise.

3 Likes

69b product management

1 Like

150k ?

You can sell them for millions easy, I saw someone spamming trying to lowball 20m a pop, that guy was scamaz, you can sell them min 30m ez.

What if this means that Blizzard is gonna add a solo mode without trading? That’s the only actual sensible reason I could come up with. Still though… Who would vendor stygian stones innstead of summoning?..

I posted this on the patchnotes thread before this, and had never sold any till about 10 minutes ago (To the vendor of course) because I was gold broke…again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe they will change them to accound bound, somebody ever thought of that?

Not saying that it will be the case but… it could be an indicator for that.

much sarcasm, I sense