Stygian Stones harvest for today

30x Pit30 runs for Obducite => 3 Stones. Slightly above drop rate (2.6)

30x Pit60 runs for Ingolith => 5 Stones. Again, above drop rate (3.8) but 3 stones in the 5 last runs. Glad I didn’t stop at 25.

Decent result but one has to be ready to do a lot of runs to avoid being regularly disappointed.

Since we even have now RNG for being able to do the season new game content, wonder why there is no RNG on the tempering mats. Might be fixed in a coming patch.

please learn what rng means. congrats on your luck tho =)

My remark about RNG on the tempering mats was just a joke. I just wanted to emphasize the fact that access to game content should not rely on RNG. I would not ask for higher drop rates for the stones but just guaranteed drop rates, just as we have for the summoning eggs and shards.

but at the end of the day youll have to deal with rng.

drops are based on luck. diablo games are basically slot machines.
In d3 the greater rifts gave people a feeling to just stop, in d4 with the pits people want to go on it seems?

all i can say is, find your own limit while enjoying the game.

Why would you run pit 30 when you can convert pit 61 mats to lower tiers at a much better ratio? speed farm?

He’s doing a test of drop rates at the different thresholds.

It is a flat percent chance… It’s not RNG… It doesn’t have multiple sources of different stats and ranges… That is RNG

Just to point it out. You don’t have to do lower pits for lower mats. you can convert them at the alchemist. You’ll get way more of the lower mats because of the conversion rate and a higher chance for stones to drop.

Thanks for reminding me that I could convert the mats. Forgot about that.

It was a good day but nothing to boast about. I had many bad days before and if I hadn’t pushed the number of Pit runs more than usual, it would have again been a bad day.

All the summoning mats in the game have guaranteed sources. Some have also RNG sources when doing game activities (especially since S4). I know the difference. Stygian Stones is the exception. Only source is RNG. Why is that?