Stygian Stones drop rate feels off

On paper, this seems consistent but unfortunately it fails in bringing the diversity it is supposed to provide. It only works when levelling your build.

Maximizing Glyphs is super-fast now. When done, no reason to do NMDs anymore. Last season, I kept doing NMDs and regular Ds till the very last day, for gear and Grim favours.

I wasted the gold I had a couple of times trying to enchant an affix. Realized the weighting was so bad I should try to get it from drops instead. Never had a lot of gold but still enough for the use I made of it. Never made any ToW to get gold this season. Last season, I did ToW till the very last day for the summoning materials.

No sure so many players are interested in the Gauntlet. I did it once this season. It might just be worth it for top players if they get decent rewards. Didn’t do many Gauntlet runs last season either.

Never went to the FoH this season. Last season, I was there regularly, again for the easy Grim favours. Once there would accept a PVP fight from time to time, just to please the invincible builds wandering around…OK, sometimes I was not given the choice.

Helltides are great for gear and a relaxing activity between Pit runs. Doing them is extremely different from previous season. I do a couple a Hellspires, a couple of Hellmaiden runs and have enough cinders to open the nearby chests. Last season, I would cover the full HT map going for one chest to another to collect steel. I don’t need steel this season. It is useless without the Stones.

This is just my personal experience but last season, after completing my build, I kept visiting all the regions of the maps, doing dungeons, legion evens, Whispers. This season after levelling, I only did Pit runs and partial HT events. Explains why last season I kept playing until the very last day and already stopped this one.

Yes, I believe end game diversity is a failure.

There’s RNG that’s pretty bad with the drops.

I’ve had 1 in 35, and then 10 in 30. So go figure.

Overall though I am hitting around 14-15% over hundreds of runs of 101. So it is probably within a standard deviation of normal distribution from 18%.

I wouldnt call it a failure but they need some non-linear modes. Bring some spice back into thing since it looks like dolls arnt making a return.

It varies greatly by day. On Sunday got 5 in an hour. Monday / Tuesday 0 in 30+ runs. Then last night 3 out of 4. They claim the drop rates are static or constant, but either they have a very poor random number generator or they have some reason for secretly varying the rates.