Stutter to the point of Unplayable

I am wondering why there is so much stuttering? Am running a rtx 3080 10gb ryzen 3900x 12core cpu on a 1440p ultrawide. getting like 120 fps and such but the stutter is extreme

27 Likes

When you press (Cntrl+R), what is your ping?

Thank you!

I’m located in Norway and get around 270-310msec
120fps

stuttering happens all the time, in the intro, cutscenes etc.

4 Likes

In the chapel cutscene i was down to 50something ping and things were fine.
in the later part of the cutscene ping spiked to 500ish and the stutter/lag was really bad.

the refresh rate of your ping ticker seems slow so cant give you anything else the n it varied between 50 and 550

I would recommend bug reporting this issue on the Bug Report forums if it occurs during certain parts of gameplay, like cut scenes. This is good information for our QA and Developers to investigate.

2 Likes

Try turning your textures down to medium, at high the game was using all of my VRAM and causing a ton of stuttering with a 10GB 3080.

9 Likes

willdo.
and it occurs all the time. hard to tell if it happens witin x amount of seconds. but a guesstimate would be around every 40ish secons

1 Like

First 30-60 minutes of playing were perfect but after that I’ve had permanent stutter even after relaunching the game.

7 Likes

Same stutter, I tried everything. The stutter is super annoying on a 34 inch widescreen with a 3080 and I7 12700k 32gb ram.

I hope they fix it, nvidia vsync did not help either and looking at the ping eu player are on US server so I think it has to do more with latency

1 Like

Same problem, playing on i7 9700k (I know it’s old) with a RTX4080, ultrawide 1440p.

Same here. Stuttering, even in cutscenes. I guess there is a memory leak. The game needs more than 20 GB RAM on my PC.

2 Likes

Same , maybe the the high res for ultra width monitor had something to do with it…

Having the same problem, it’s mainly whenever it tries to load new assets the game hitches horribly until the assets finish loading. Overall FPS/ping seems fine.

3 Likes

Happened since I started playing, now level 10. Like every 20-30 sec frames go from smooth 144 to a few seconds of stutter, FPS counter often goes to 1. In dungeons, open world, cutscenes. Even when standing still.

Have tried fullscreen/windowed, low settings, turning off everything in background/Win11.

EDIT: I see many are mentioning RAM and VRAM, and I’m not saying that’s not the problem, but the game is taking up 3gb (of my 32gb) RAM and 20gb (of my 24gb) VRAM. It’s still happening.

1 Like

I’ve got pretty bad lag, playing from Singapore - starts off 260ms, slowly keeps going up after minutes of playing, when it hits 350+ banding starts, it never comes down and its stuck at 1600ms now and i think the client has lost the connection and can’t “Leave Game”

Yeah D4 is chewing up RAM. It was eating almost 20gb of RAM of my 32 available.

I’ll add my own experience here too, I played for a few hours and the stuttering was present through most of it and very often at that.
It was very noticeable when going in or out of cities or in the middle of fighting, freezing for a second or two.
Like most people I tried reducing the graphics or changing the screen options, I noticed an improvement in windowed mode instead of borderless but the stuttering was still present to some degree.
As for quality goes, going from high to medium to low it didn’t do much, high to medium didn’t change anything and medium to low was (very) slightly better. Then again it could just be because I didn’t go into a new area or something.
In the current state I am heavily considering refunding if the option is still available to me because of how poor the performance is on my side.
RAM use is also crazy, the game took A LOT of it for seemingly no reason, you might want to check for leaks or something because I closed every other app and it kept eating more and more.
My internet speed and latency is also very good, having close to 900mb/s download and upload with under 15ms on most games I doubt the problem is on my side.
With an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER and 32GB of RAM I’m not sure I should be having as much trouble running the game as I did.
I am aware that the performance issues have been acknowledged a few days ago but the fact you knew (even before that) and didn’t fix it before the beta is worrisome.

You need to close the game when you reduce the quality. Otherwise the game doesn’t release your used RAM and VRAM

I put texture quality from High to Medium and tracked the usage with RTSS. Ram and Vram got cut in half in real time, no need to restart.

1 Like

Same problem here. My specs:
i7 9700K 32gb RAM 3080 10gb