Stuck on diablo IV splash screen

Same thing is happening to me.

I saw this on a thread for the server slam:

• Uninstall the game.
  • Close Battle.net.
  • Terminate any lingering Agent/Battle.net processes.
  • Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo IV - Server Slam.
  • Delete C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment.
  • Launched Battle.net.
  • Installed D4 (I unchecked High-Resolution Assets).

I am in the middle of reinstalling now. Fingers crossed.

Game is crashing and not responding after I have opened it. When I am really like I can get past the queue but then it crashes as well. I’ve tried many things about that and nothing worked. This needs a patch ASAP.

1 Like

Crash after login to queue. No monitor signal but PC still has sound. NVIDIA Asus 3080 Strix.

1 Like

The trick is to click on the splash screen as soon as it comes up. This will get you to the login queue. Unfortunately, I get stuck at logging into diablo IV.

1 Like

Your trick and/or everything else I did maybe fixed the issue for me. Hopefully, I don’t get stuck on login.

Hey all,

There are over a dozen reasons why this might happen, unfortunately, and we wouldn’t be able to troubleshoot all of these in one thread.

My best advice to you all if this is happening is to check the troubleshooting for your error on this thread:

If it doesn’t help, you’d want to follow the instructions at the bottom of the post to submit a ticket or create a thread of your own. (Note that because of how busy the forums are currently, you are more likely to receive a reply to a ticket than an individual thread.)

2 Likes

So, finally got in. Click on the splash screen as soon as it appears. If you get stuck on the login screen just keep rebooting and eventually it will work.

1 Like

And then you will crash again when it says logging into Diablo4

3 Likes

This is happening to me non stop, clicking on splash screen as soon as it shows up brings me into the main login screen then it freezes there…

1 Like

The spamclicking works up until " Logging Into Diablo4 … " screen, then you are done for good.

2 Likes

Same problem. Cant get past the title screen.

Yup same issue here, managed to get in once but alas not anymore. I now crash on log in screen

1 Like

Yeah, thats weird, first few times logged in, and now 100% of the time "Logging Into Diablo4 … " is the final point for me…

2 Likes

Same issue here. Seems like lots of people are having this problem. Could we get some sort of confirmation that the team is working on a fix?

Same issue, game starts, goes through the que, says logging into diablo, then it just freezes, but its a weird freeze, like the mouse still responds, and i can hear clicks in the background, but it wont get past that screen.

I am on a AMD gpu and cpu system, is that a common factor for most?

The clicking at the start worked for me lol

1 Like

Hey guys,

Buying the lowest currency add on pack bypasses the license bull sh☆t and will let you play the game im on it now!

lol nice try blizzard

Clicking through the splash worked, freezing without fail @ Logging Into Diablo IV

Hey everyone, I don’t know if Blizzard has pushed a fix and this is just a coincidence or if this actually works but at least it worked for me and could be worth trying.

Make sure no overlay software is running, including Nvidia Geforce Experience, EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE LATEST DIABLO 4 DRIVER.

I noticed that the game was freezing exactly when the overlay of Gefore Experience appeared on the top right of the screen, and tried this, I now have accessed the game twice without an issue and without click spamming needed.

Be sure to stop the services in the Task Manager > Services - Search for “NVDisplay.Container”, or honestly stop every service shown by searching “Nvidia”.

Quick edit: I don’t have the Hi-Resolution assets installed, but I don’t think that matters, I will try again after installing it tho.

3 Likes