Stuck in infernal hordes battle area

My husband and I play couch coop on xbox. We keep getting stuck in the battle area after killing all the waves of the infernal hordes. We can’t pass through to wave 6. It says to “slay the remaining enemies” but there are no enemies remaining. We can’t get through the door to fell council because of the supposed remaining enemies. We’ve rebooted the game but it didn’t help.

36 Likes

Same thing just happened to me and my partner too. Couch coop also…hope it gets looked into!

3 Likes

This happens about to us 40% of the time in couch co-op on Xbox

3 Likes

The same thing happened to us, about 50% of the time.

3 Likes

Same problem, looks like it does not depend on the wave number.

3 Likes

Blizzard has a knack for creating bugs every day. In co-op, I finished all the waves and the door wouldn’t open, so I had to repeat it several times, and my day passed without any reward. Delete the game. Wise choice. :rofl:

3 Likes

Happening to us as well during couch coop

3 Likes

same. it’s about half the infernal hordes. can happen on any wave. no enemies remaining to kill but game thinks there is, so we get soft-locked and have to reset the infernal horde (losing our progress and compass)

2 Likes

I was going to type about the exact same problem. Me and my husband had this problem. And the main problem here is when you are trying to challange yourself with higher tier and giving everything from yourself, also killing enemies for 15-20 min and then at wave 5…nothing no eneiems and no options to chose for passing to the next wave…

2 Likes

This has happened to my wife and I in about 1/5 of our runs. We play couch coop on Xbox if that helps anyone on the other side of this ticket.

Edit to Add:

We just had this happen 2 runs in a row. Here’s what I can recall from the two events, in case it helps with repro.

Tier 4 Compass each time

First run we selected:

• Masses do +25% damage
  • Hellfire rains
  • Hellborne spawn
  • Hellfire Spawns Hellborne
  • Hordes +25% damage; +50% event spawn
    Freeze at the end of this wave

Second run we selected:

• Hellborne spawn
  • Hellfire rains
  • Hellfire Spawns Hellborne
    Freeze at the end of this wave
2 Likes

Same bug, xbox co-op.

2 Likes

Same thing, PS5
This is game breaking for us, we were not able to complete a single infernal horde because of the “slay the remaining enemies” and no enemies present.

Has anyone found a workaround? any way to avoid this issue?

2 Likes

Same bug, PS5 couch co-op. Happened 2/2 times

2 Likes

Same here, please just fix it, add timer or something that can force progression. Happens also when you kill the 3 bosses

2 Likes

Same thing happens on ps5

2 Likes

bump…

same on ps5. has happened 3 times, but have also had runs without it happening.
wt4 tier 6

banes: spires drain health, elite damage, hellborne damage, aetheric mass damage, hellborne are hunting you

boons: fiends +1 aether, spires +2, hellborne +2, and masses +1

The Infernal Hordes: Slay the remaining enemies
Onslaught (Tier 6). Revives remaining: 0

Rogue: Using umbracrux, which makes the totem enemy, pet, and deathtraps.
Necro using minions/golem/mages.

2 Likes

Same here, couch coop ps5 tier 1 infernal hordes wave 6. Is NOT the first time but after many I googled and found this thread. It’s really irritating!

2 Likes

Has anyone found a workaround for this issue ?

1 Like

Hey, I’m on couch coop on PS5, this is happening to me a lot. Ita really really frustrating losing a whole run. Please fix this

2 Likes

Same. Couch Co-Op PS5. Happend two Times in a row. Wave 4 stuck and did not complete. Rogue + Mage running T2. Really frustrating as you waste time and loose your resources…

1 Like