Still no rupture fix ?!

Gushing Wounds allowing Bleed procs to interact with other barbarian mechanics is a good idea. I just feel like blizzard is holding back on it for some reason.

My best guess is it’s because of the dramatic changes coming this season - they probably want to address itemization first, make sure all the new systems work properly and then tackle some of this stuff.

Yes, it’s annoying and yes we’ve been Harping about it and will continue to do so (like I said I’d settle for them simply acknowledging it for now) but in the grand scheme of things they have bigger priorities.

And before anyone says it, No, this is not comparable to minions being fixed for Necro because that is an iconic part of the class’s identity

They have different teams for itemization and class changes. There is no reason why Bleed has gone neglected this long and Rupture being broken. It also isn’t like because they are fixing Necro Minions they cannot do anything else…

Actually it does, especially because they are changing the AI for minions which believe me is probably taking up the bulk of their time because that is a coding nightmare

Their development team is massive. What is the excuse for not fixing Rupture since, oh, Beta?

I’m thinking berserk ripping, anemia, skullcrusher leading to infinite scaling. Then Rupture to add onto that formula. It still surprise me Rend got nerf back in Season 1.

Oh for sure. Anything Rob touches scares Blizzard and they end up nerfing it to holy hell.

I foresee the whole Twisters and Double-Swing being Meta in S4, Rob will make some video and some neckbeards will make reaction videos to it. Blizzard forums will scree that Barbarian is overpowered with Twisters deleting the entire screen and they cannot see anything because every Barbarian is running around with Double-Swing, Whirlwind, and 3 Shouts. Look at the whining about Charge and crank that up about 10 times.

The complaint will be “BaRbArIanS hAvE tOo MaNy WeApOn SloTs MaKinG thEm OverPowErEd”. Nevermind Overpower Rogues, Shout Druids, and Conjuration Sorcs likely facerolling LVL 200 Tormented Ubers.

1 Like

Necro is going to steamroll everything this season with Thorns and it’s going to be hilarious, I personally can’t wait (assuming no nerfs after PTR)

Yeah, it will be pretty funny to watch TBH. Thorns Necros are going to hate playing with other players since their DPS is going to plummet, especially when Barbs are Challenging Shouting, Charging, and Steel Grasping or Pulling enemies off. The Seneschal already does this and I flipped my S3 Barb from Thorns to Bleeding because how annoying it was to have my Seneschal steal aggro constantly.

Actually that’s another thing, we still have absolutely no clue what the seasonal theme and mechanics will be.

Probably not until early May.

If I had to guess, it will be The Void which was rumored for S3 and we are going to get some nifty Horadric Void Magic Powers including a large focus on Movement Powers (think Runes from Grim Dawn). It will be the 1st Season Blizzard adds a Skill Slot for an Active Void Power with most being Passive to test the waters.

Thematically, it will be about opening gates to new realms which ends up with pseudo time traveling as you take part in rituals to fight alongside a young Lorath, meet Deckard Cain in his prime, encounter the Barbarians of Arreat Summit, and fight the Prime Evils. Remember that dream sequence in the campaign allowing you to smoke the good stuff in Taissa’s hut and you break her free from Andariel? Like that.

Oh I don’t see Dust Devil overperforming everything else. Leapquake on the other hand… Being able to spam Leapquake on bosses with no cooldown is going to be insane.

Curious how effective the Quakes are going to be with the buff to X values. I have a build made that actually uses LeapQuake and Double Swing Twisters and the 3 Shouts. Also have an Upheaval LeapQuake build sitting around that could be insane.

Clearly the season theme will be a 100% playable Paladin class with all the skills and paragons etc etc. Do it Blizzard!

Dust Devils are kind of nuts, better than Druid tornadoes…

From the few streams I’ve seen, blizz fix a few of dust devils issues. Movement speed, minion AI. I don’t care about damage because that can easily be adjusted. Now if only those dust devil has some other interactions.

My guess, they have dumped it into the too hard basket and don’t know how to fix it without breaking something.

How could that actually be possible though, like it legit heals the bar, so keep adjusting it till it doesn’t. This is the oddest bug ever because its so apparent if you’ve ever put Rupture on the bar.

Yes! I don’t think anyone of importance at Blizzard has actually played a Rend/Rapture/Gushing Wounds build more than 5 minutes. If they played this thing for 100 hours in a season, then they might learn a few things about it and discover some issues and we could finally get some bug fixes or a thorough design review.

Playing Rupture within a few minutes you see the problem.

Playing Gushing Wounds from early to late game, you see the busted scaling pretty apparently just by swapping to Unconstrained.

Playing Rend early to late game, you see the problem pretty apparently.