Status effects and bosses?

Do any of the status effects like slow and chill affects bosses or do they only count in the short time window that the boss is staggered?

If they only count when the boss is staggered, it will severely cut down on the damage of builds that count on status effects for extra damage.

Been discused a lot along the last 3 months. All sorts of CC you inflict to a boss will fill a stagger bar. You wont benefit from any sort of cc-synergy until said bar fills completely and ONLY for the short time it last.

That being said, bosses are like a 5% of the stuff you’ll be killing around, so…

2 Likes

I thought it was that way, but if I remember correctly WoW made it where the status effects count even though the boss is no affected by them. Many games do this.

Makes me want to stick with builds that rely on burn, bleed and vulnerable.

Those 3 should work, bosses can bleed, be vulnerable and probably burn as well since they’re not CC’s. Slows, stuns, chills and so on instead… Wont give any benefit damage-wise until the stagger bar is full.

When a boss is staggered it is considered afflicted by every CC.

As for damage and CC, I cannot say for other classes but for Sorcs, Frost is the source of Chill, Frozen, and Vulnerable. Ice Shards only requires hitting the target 5 times (and it launches 5 shards, so one cast can do this) to make it Vulnerable and gain 20% more damage for 2 seconds. Vulnerable is 20% more damage to the target. So it is not like increased damage it not availible to Frost regardless of Chill/Frozen being applied.

Yup, turned me off my frost sorc real quick. I’ll wait and see how they turn out and just stick to my trap rogue for pre-season.

The boss is counted as being affected by all CC during stagger so they all count.

Yeah, this level 73 Frost sorcerer looks utterly miserable. Why at the end it even takes them six (6!!!) whole seconds to put down the boss.

I grant they are milking Burning but for things triggered by having burniing enemies. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 seconds!
That build sucks to have to take twice as long as other builds.

Fire Wall build took twice as long and Arc Lash build took 7 seconds. Ice Shard was shortest.